You want new units - MODERN units are here

Post new mods and scenarios here.
maitrebongo

You want new units - MODERN units are here

Post by maitrebongo »

You can find here the graphics which will allow you to create new units to enrich mods after WW2 (like the "Heroes of the Gap" mod available here : http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3584401).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the creators of mods, you take (right click/save as) graphics files (127x127 px BMP) such as they are (without numbers),
you assemble them in a BMP file corresponding to the game and you create the UNITS.CSV file with the units which you want.
You post these files.
With the UNITS.CSV file, I can add the values which have to appear on the file of the unit and I re-assemble the whole in a similar BMP file as your original.
Then I post these BMP files,
and you can add them to your finished mod.
In this way, the numbers of the unit are registered only when they are definitive.

If you wish for units which are not present here, do not hesitate to ask me for them.
I would indulge to create them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FRANCE
these one can complete the "Honneur et Patrie" Mod available here : http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3587189

All these counters in a single ZIP file : http://wargameinfrance.free.fr/download/solo/modern/FRE/FRE-MODERN-COUNTERS.zip

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GREAT BRITAIN
Ideal for an "BAOR" Mod. You can pick up infantry in the "Ring of Hills" mod available here : http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3588735

All these counters in a single ZIP file : http://wargameinfrance.free.fr/download/solo/modern/BRIT/BRIT-MODERN-COUNTERS.zip

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

USA
162 New units. With these i think you can recreat any modern battle you want (including Desert Storm [;)])

All these counters in a single ZIP file : http://wargameinfrance.free.fr/download/solo/modern/USA/US-MODERN-COUNTERS.zip

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

GERMANY
Here comes the Bunderswehr

All these counters in a single ZIP file : http://wargameinfrance.free.fr/download/solo/modern/GER/GER-MODERN-COUNTERS.zip

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

ITALIA
Especially for all the italian buddys on this forum [:)]

All these counters in a single ZIP file : http://wargameinfrance.free.fr/download/solo/modern/ITA/ITA-MODERN-COUNTERS.zip

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

SOVIET UNION
103 fresh counters

All these counters in a single ZIP file : http://wargameinfrance.free.fr/download/solo/modern/SOV/SOV-MODERN-COUNTERS.zip

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
"Impossible is not French" Napoleon Bonaparte
maitrebongo

RE: You want new units - MODERN units are here

Post by maitrebongo »

Added Great Britain [:)]
maitrebongo

Post by maitrebongo »

Added 162 counters for US and the possibility to download all of these in a single zip file
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

WOW! Just WOW! [&o]

That is some pile of incredible work. [&o]

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

ORIGINAL: Barthheart

WOW! Just WOW! [&o]

That is some pile of incredible work. [&o]

+1
JRR
z1812

Post by z1812 »

Amazing.........
maitrebongo

Post by maitrebongo »

Added the German Bundeswehr... The cold war becomes hot [:)]
usgrandprix

Post by usgrandprix »

Leopard 2 is one mean MBT.
maitrebongo

Post by maitrebongo »

ORIGINAL: usgrandprix

Leopard 2 is one mean MBT

i don't understand what you want to say.
usgrandprix

Post by usgrandprix »

It's just a silly comment.

I think the Leopard 2 is a good Main Battle Tank. "Mean" in this case is saying it's tough.

The counters look great!
HobbesACW

Post by HobbesACW »

I continue to be amazed at the work being done! [&o]

Thanks again all,
Chris
maitrebongo

Post by maitrebongo »

Added the italians...
lhmg

Post by lhmg »

Where do you get the numbers for the blank counters. Which are great by the way. Nice work thanks.
..."And to the Republic, for which it stands."
maitrebongo

Post by maitrebongo »

The numbers have to be determined by modders (you maybe ?) And to put in a units.xls file, then i can add them to the graphics.
That's the major point to do. To determine these numbers is very hard because they must be coordinate with the existing units in game.
You can inspire yourself with the modern units included in the "heroes of the gap" mod soon available in the download mods thread.
lhmg

Post by lhmg »

Thanks for the response. Are there any German Infantry counters anywhere yet.
maitrebongo

Post by maitrebongo »

You can find some german infantry counters in the heroes of the gap mod. I can make some others if you want but it take more time to do than the vehicles ones. Let me know what counters (squad, half squad, heroes, officers,...) you want.
lhmg

Post by lhmg »

That would be great if you could. I was thinking a selection like you did for the French would be really handy. Even if you just made up the base counters I could add the numbers. Do you know what font is being used for the counter numbers and letters?
maitrebongo

Post by maitrebongo »

I soon have a special layer to put the numbers on my photoshop it's very easy... the font i use is the arial (helvetica on Mac)
lhmg

Post by lhmg »

I am just using microsoft paint so they tend to come out a little fuzzy.
lhmg

Post by lhmg »

Also how do you get the game to recognize the counter files. I have made a couple files and put them in the art folder but the game doesnt see them.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”