What's a challenging custom built setup??

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

aaatoysandmore

What's a challenging custom built setup??

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Something challenging but not overly one sided. I don't mind giving the ai extra resources but not to the point of making the game just a lopsided challenge to win. I have all the expansions an origional game so anything is possible for me to setup.
Spidey

RE: What's a challenging custom built setup??

Post by Spidey »

Many strong pirates, abundant independents, respawning pirates. You can play it on normal or hard difficulties, won't really change things that much aside from harder difficulties having more corruption which will eat at your cashflow in the midgame.

For an added challenge, don't be the Quameno or the Zenox. For an added added challenge, be a wimpy race, like the Atuuk.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Ok thanks I'll start with that setup and work my way around from there. Normally I look for the lowest diplomatic race as that always makes for great challenges too.
Icemania

Post by Icemania »

Since you don't want it too one sided, try setting up at least some other Empires to be a bit ahead in both Size (Young/Expanding) and Tech Level (2/3). Keep the nearby Empires on a level playing field and those far away to be more advanced to give you pause as the game progresses.
FireLion1983

Post by FireLion1983 »

Good tips here, thanks!

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”