New Random Game 3v3: StoneAgeLives! [CLOSED]

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: Vic

Rander

RE: New Random Game 3v3: StoneAgeLives! [ACCEPTING PLAYERS]

Post by Rander »

Hello.

I had a little break and played the turn.

I got the same error than kombrig.

Bye!
Rander.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Ignore the error. I think you will only see it once. Editing random games sometimes cause odd error messages. My experience thus far is this particular kind of error is not critical and cause no bad things to happen or otherwise interfere with game functions. I think it is caused by Lancer's mod looking for something during first turn processing.

Re replacing bad officers: First thing, even a bad officer is better than no officer. See my screenshot for how to recruit/replace officers. Note that officers that sit on the bench (in the pool) for long periods of time get aggravated. Not sure what that means in game terms. The more officers you recruit the more expensive the next one will be.

Re HQ limits: All HQs count whether or not they are subordinated to the SHQ. As you SHQ leader gets promoted or you replace him with a higher ranked officer, your HQ limit should go up. Sometimes it may simply be necessary to go over the allowance and allow your SHQ to be "overworked." Note that if a field officer is higher ranked than your SHQ officer, he isn't going to be happy about it.

Don't feel bad about having bad officers. We all got them and probably more of them than we would like. Some you would like to be gone forever (which you can do). If there is a limit to how many officers you can recruit before there are none left, I don't know what it is.

Attachments
offpool.jpg
offpool.jpg (92.08 KiB) Viewed 160 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

We have moved into turn 3. No war for another 9 turns. Lots of strategizing going on I'm sure. None of us have ever played a game where war came so late. Will be interesting...
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

As we move into turn 10 tensions are mounting as front lines are built up at the borders and navies set sail. The possibility of war comes on turn 13. Hell's fury is expected.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Rander

Post by Rander »

Sorry, I made a mistake and abandoned the shared folder in dropbox for this game... Can you send me an invitation again, please?

Bye!
Rander
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Game has moved into Turn 13. Rumor has it that Germania declared war. More details later. Sidenote: Hatem was replaced by JReid.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
kombrig

Post by kombrig »

Situation in the beginning of hostilities.

Yellow borders - Team 1 (led by All5n)
White borders - Team 2
Red line - current fronts

Attachments
001.jpg
001.jpg (112.26 KiB) Viewed 160 times
Rander

Post by Rander »

Nice map!
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

The dogs of war have been loosed! Sounds of battle echo across the land and sea. In one sector a mighty blitzkrieg has been unleashed.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

The game is moving into turn 15. The Empire/Middle Kingdom blitzkrieg against Germania is in full swing as the Germans rapidly retreat from the frontline. Toulouse is exerting tremendous pressure on an Empire cutoff area but so far the Empire is offering stiff resistance. In another area where a small section of Germania territory is somewhat cutoff, Weimar has been captured by the Emirates as the Empire and Middle Kingdom put intense pressure of the Germania line. In this area it is expected Germania forces will rapidly collapse under the weight of the assault. To the immediate east of this area the Soviets have deployed a very strong force to guard a narrow isthmus leading into a larger Soviet landmass. The Emirates are pressuring the Soviets in multiple areas. The Soviet navy is bombarding Gabr city which is a large island with only one city. Emirate shore batteries stuck back at the bombarding Soviet fleet.

Attachments
3v3.jpg
3v3.jpg (140.82 KiB) Viewed 160 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

This war is getting more intense with each passing turn! Germania is on deck with turn 15.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Turn 15 complete. Middle Kingdom has driven deep into Germania territory and not far behind is the Empire. Germania and Toulouse are striking back at the armor spearheads with Dive Bombers whilst they build up their armies to stem the tide. Under the weight of a brutal assault Germania forces are crumbling in the Weimar/Ingolstadt sector. Elsewhere the Soviets withdrew their fleet from the bombardment action against Gabr City and invaded a small island that Lahore forces were occupying. This small island will likely be used to bring air power to bare over more of Gabr Island. Lahore forces continue to pressure several Soviet cutoff areas, especially the Taganrog area. Toulouse continues its effort to strike into Empire's cutoff area employing lots of paratroopers. Empire is skillfully resisting but the shear weight of the assault has created intense pressure on Empire's forces. Lots of high mountain terrain is making combat operation difficult for both sides in many areas. After three turns of war the Middle Kingdom/Empire/Lahore team has the overall initiative but war is always uncertain and an advantage can evaporate in a single turn. This is what makes ATG such a fun game to play, especially vs other human players.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Turn 16 complete. Germania and Toulouse strike back at the Middle Kingdom/Empire blitzkrieg by hitting the eastern flank where Empire forces are concentrated. The enemy has Medium Tank IIs and is building large numbers of them. Where possible the enemy is making maximum use of concentrated air and artillery attacks prior to its land attacks. Germania/Toulouse are definitely trying hard to blunt the Blitzkrieg by stabbing a dagger in its side.

Germania collapse in the Weimar/Inglostadt area is nearly complete and pressure is starting to mount on the Soviet forces in the eastern portion of this sector. That pressure will quickly get much more intense.

Lahore continues to greatly harass Soviets forces in multiple isolated locations. The Soviet areas of Pavlosvk, Engels and Taganrog all are under pressure. Baku is currently holding its own.

The southern battle zone where Germania and Lahore faceoff is relatively quiet expect for the western end of the Germania line. More pressure would be brought to bear but Lahore has to also have anti-invasion forces deployed and Germania I'm sure is very busy fighting off the Blitzkrieg.

All and all quite an interesting game thus far. Whichever side wins will have earned it via tough game play.

Attachments
turnT16.jpg
turnT16.jpg (143.52 KiB) Viewed 159 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Turn 17 almost complete. The dagger in the side of the Blitzkrieg has become a mighty sword. The Blitzkrieg has been halted in its tracks as Middle Kingdom and the Empire scramble to contain the counter-offensive. More details later...
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Turn 17 complete. Empire/Middle Kingdom pull back and consolidate while viciously striking Germania/Toulouse armor spearheads with dive bombers. What a ferocious battle taking place here. No place for the weak kneed or timid.

Elsewhere Lahore and the Soviets continue to tangle in multiple locations. The Soviets are quite skillful but Lahore continues to try and out maneuver his forces.

In the Weimar sector Germania is about vanquished. Pressure is now coming to bear on the powerful Soviet forces in the area.

The Empire continues to very skillfully conduct a fighting withdrawal in his large cut off area. In the southern sector Lahore introduced paratroopers and continues trying to turn the right flank of the German army.

What an amazing and fun game!
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Turn 18 complete. For the most part the Germania/Toulouse counter-offensive against the Middle Kingdom/Empire blitzkrieg has been stopped. That said, the Blitzkrieg is no longer a blitz. Both sides have formed up mostly static lines of defense. That said both sides have significant combat power deployed so things could explode. In the Weimar sector the pressure on the Soviets has increased dramatically. A Soviet airfield in this area was destroyed with the subsequent loss of all aircraft. Elsewhere the Lahore regime continues to maintain pressure on the Soviets in multiple locations gaining some ground little by little. In the southern sector Lahore continues its somewhat limited effort to break through the Germania defensive line.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Turn 19 complete. The titanic battle in the "strip" continues between Middle Kingdom/Empire and Germania/Toulouse. Neither side can afford to lose. In the Weimar/Inglostadt sector the Germans have been vanquished and both cities captured. The Soviet forces in this area have been forced to retreat onto a narrow itsmus leading back into a larger area of their territory. Lahore is increasing pressure on Soviets forces in multiple other locations. In the southern sector Germania has fought off Lahore paratroopers trying to disrupt his supply lines. Lahore however continues trying to press the attack. The Empire, in his large cutoff area, while fighting skillfully is being forced back at the main point of attack. Constant enemy paratrooper drops are a nuisance.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Turn 20 complete. The dreaded mud showed up this turn grounding all air operations. Despite that Germanian tanks inflicted heavy punishment to Middle Kingdom's forces on the strip. Soviet forces at the isthmus bloodied the noses of Lahore and Middle Kingdom. We returned in kind with artillery barrages. The city of Pavlosvk was captured by Lahore forces. The Soviet Pavlosvk army now in grave danger of annihilation. A raw hex was captured in Baku sector by Lahore. In the Taganrog sector Soviet forces are under severe pressure and bleeding badly. The Empire and Lahore are making the situation very dicey for the Soviets in Engels sector. Lastly Empire bruised Toulouse forces in the strip. Southern sector was relatively quiet this turn.

Attachments
3vs3T20.jpg
3vs3T20.jpg (169.63 KiB) Viewed 159 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Turn 21 complete. The Soviet Pavlosvk army disbanded leaving Lahore forces to rightfully reclaim this province. Nearby the Soviet Baku army retreated allowing Lahore to bring up heavy artillery and rubble the city of Baku. On the Taganrog front, after a ferocious artillery barrage, the city of Taganrog was captured. Pressure along the entire line is being maintained. Intel from prisoners indicate Soviet high command is bringing in elements of other armies in an attempt to shore up the Taganrog sector defense. At the "isthmus" Soviet forces were pounded with artillery. In the Engels sector the Empire and Lahore increase pressure on the Soviets. The strip was relatively quiet this turn as was the southern sector. The Empire continues an orderly retreat in its cutoff area under tremendous pressure from Toulouse. Germanian tanks could be observed concentrating for attacking Middle Kingdom forces. On the far western end of the strip a Germanian army is fighting for survival.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Turns 22 and 23 complete. Middle Kingdom and the Empire are on the offensive again in the strip. On the western side of the strip a Germanian Army fights for survival. On the Eastern end of the strip the Middle Kingdom and Empire have regrouped after having to retreat under pressure and are advancing again. Soviet efforts at defense in Baku, Engels and Taganrog/Samoded areas have faltered under extreme pressure by Lahore armies (and Empire at Engels). The cities of Baku, Engels and Samoded are now within heavy artillery range. Lahore 'commandos' raided an airbase on a small island south of the Soviet capital destroying six advanced fighters (Fighter IIIs).

Though fighting a skillful retreat, the Empire in its large cutoff area is showing signs of faltering under extreme pressure by Toulouse and Germania forces. There is no hope of rescue as the area is to deep behind the lines. It is just a matter of time.

At the Isthmus Middle Kingdom and Lahore heavy artillery are pounding the Soviet forces that are attempting to prevent a breakout. Losses are high for the Soviets but they are holding their ground thus far.

In the Southern sector the combined efforts of Middle Kingdom and Lahore have lead to a breakout on the far western end of the Germanian lines. Time will tell if this breakout can be sustained and enlarged.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)

Return to “Opponents Wanted”