Base capacities

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

dwesolick

Base capacities

Post by dwesolick »

Quick question on base troop capacities. I'm a little over capacity on a couple atolls (Midway, Canton) by about 100-150 men. What are the negative effects of this? I'm assuming supply gets burned up faster but are there any other effects? Do the effects increase as troop levels increase (I'm not planning to add anymore troops but I'm assuming yes).
thanks!
"The Navy has a moth-eaten tradition that the captain who loses his ship is disgraced. What do they have all those ships for, if not to hurl them at the enemy?" --Douglas MacArthur
CaptBeefheart

RE: Base capacities

Post by CaptBeefheart »

I've never noticed any ill effect from a slight overstack, although presumably supplies are being burned slightly faster. On big overstacks I've noticed some serious supply consumption. So yes, the effect scales.

Cheers,
CC
Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.
dwesolick

Post by dwesolick »

OK, that's what I thought. Thanks for the quick reply!
"The Navy has a moth-eaten tradition that the captain who loses his ship is disgraced. What do they have all those ships for, if not to hurl them at the enemy?" --Douglas MacArthur
Xargun

Post by Xargun »

ORIGINAL: Commander Cody

I've never noticed any ill effect from a slight overstack, although presumably supplies are being burned slightly faster. On big overstacks I've noticed some serious supply consumption. So yes, the effect scales.

Cheers,
CC

I believe it affects morale and fatigue as well. But slight over stacking (couple hundred over) doesn't seem to bad - its hard to get just the right size on the small islands and the game engine seems a bit forgiving when you are only over a little.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: Xargun

ORIGINAL: Commander Cody

Cheers,
CC

I believe it affects morale and fatigue as well. But slight over stacking (couple hundred over) doesn't seem to bad - its hard to get just the right size on the small islands and the game engine seems a bit forgiving when you are only over a little.

Less room for baseball and chasing Army nurses.

I'm over at several places by about 4000 and the supply burn is very manageable. It does scale by some difficult function at big multiples, but I think the forum fear of going one CD unit over the line is overblown.
The Moose
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

A 10% overstack has virtually no effect on supply, & as the Moose said, a larger overstack is "manageable". Meaning a steady stream of re-supply.

It's when you come big to invade an Atoll or size 1 island that the effect really kicks in - best to have LOTS of supply included in the 1st wave, don't let them unload until they are all in the target hex - so they have all four phases to unload before combat. Then have LOTS MORE supply in the 2nd wave. Fortunately the spoilage doesn't occur until after the combat phase.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”