[B504]Can't Group Units into Airbase Anymore (Editor Mode)

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

JTurbine

[B504]Can't Group Units into Airbase Anymore (Editor Mode)

Post by JTurbine »

Hello All,
Something I noticed in Build 504 that I did not experience in my previous Installation. In Editor Mode, I cannot
Group Units into an Airbase anymore. I had no Problems in the past. I tried to regroup a functioning
airbase (it was able to Launch aircraft during the Scenario) and I also tried to create a new
airbase from new Units, neither worked. Units try to Launch, (they leave the parking pad), but they
wait for a functioning Taxiway or runway Access Point.

Also, when the Group is selected in Group Mode, the Connection links are no longer visible (they were in the
past).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, JT
mikmykWS

RE: [B504]Can't Group Units into Airbase Anymore (Editor Mode)

Post by mikmykWS »

Hi JT.

Airbase units need at least one runway access point and taxiway to work. If you're playing with aircraft munitions on you will have to populate your magazines with weapons records for loadouts.

Be aware that the airfield units in the db are all in one units (the contain all the components of an air base) and should not be mixed with other air base components (runways, hangars, revetments etc).

In terms of your view issue please post to file and we'll take a look whats going on. My gut is its a view issue rather than a bug or anything like that.

Thanks!

Mike
JTurbine

Post by JTurbine »

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the fast reply, I love how you guys are supporting this great game!!

Now, here is my Problem. The first screenshot "Functioning Airbase", Shows an airbase that
works fine. Aircraft Launch, land and get replenished.

The second screenshot, "NonFunctioning Airbase", Shows the SAME AIRBASE, ungrouped and then
regrouped in B504 (it was originally constructed in the previous Version Editor, from
Version 1.02). Note that the Connection links are not present in the Group view. Also, the
aircraft in this Version leave their parking spots, but do not move to the Taxiway or runway
Access Points.

Thanks again for the help,
Rex
Attachments
FunctioningAirbase.jpg
FunctioningAirbase.jpg (171.87 KiB) Viewed 138 times
JTurbine

Post by JTurbine »

Next Post, NonFunctioning Airbase
Attachments
NonFunctio..Airbase.jpg
NonFunctio..Airbase.jpg (170.1 KiB) Viewed 137 times
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Can you post a save game? Looks like you may have a group within a group but will need the file to know for sure.

Thanks!
JTurbine

Post by JTurbine »

Hi Again Mike,
Here are my save games (and .scen files). In the files marked "Testa", the Airbase works great,
Aircraft leave the parking spots, move to the Runway Access Points, move to the Runway and
Take off.

In the files marked "Testb", all I did was ungroup the SAME AIRBASE, then box select all and
Group again. I noticed that the Group was now located at one of the Ammo Dump Units (before
it was located at the Runway). This behavior is different from the previous build. In this
test file, the aircraft leave the parking spot, but then wait continuously for an available
Access Point, but no aircraft ever enter the Access Point.

Once again, thanks for the help. I cannot believe how well you guys are supporting this game.

JT (aka Rex)
Attachments
TestFolder.zip
(149.84 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
JTurbine

Post by JTurbine »

As an Update, I tried using Build 507, same behavior was observed. It seems you can no longer
build an airbase from scratch by grouping Facilites.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Yeah see what happened. This is not a bug and grouping works fine in the game. You just have a group in a group.

To unfudge

1. Switch to Egyptian Side
2. Switch to group view
3. Click on Group 141 (to the left of the airbase)
4. press the delete button to break up the group. You will notice that you've now got some independent units where group 141 was and to the right of that is Bir Jifjafah Airbase (Another group)

So looks like you had a group in a group.

Thanks!

Mike
JTurbine

Post by JTurbine »

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the help, but Group 141 was a separate Group, with no Connection at all to
Bir Jifjafah. If you check out the list of Units in the Group (Group composition dropdown),
it does not list Group 141 or either the Ammo Pad or the AAA gun.

Even if you delete Group 141 from the "taskb" Scenario Folder and regroup Bir Jifjafah airbase,
it will not function correctly.

Please try that and confirm that it does not work.

EDIT: I was able to build an airbase from scratch in another Scenario.

Thanks again, Rex

Return to “Tech Support”