Problems this week

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

WarHunter

Problems this week

Post by WarHunter »

Here is a rundown of some problems playing in solitaire mode as a 2 player game.

104 impulses played.

These problems were found in our latest play. If there is something that can be done to resolve these issues. Feel free to comment.

1. Using the Netherlands transport. The CW is able to reinforce the NEI with South African milita. Even though US entry is needed first.

2. Finnish units do not seem to work at ignoring winter effects.

3. Sending BP's to the USSR. Trade agreement 3 each from CW and USA.

Three point Convoy line coming from USA to Vladivostok.
Three point Convoy line from CW to Murmansk.
Two point Convoy line from India to Red Sea.

So you would think this would work out. Think again.

Artic sea ports are frozen. ok np. Murmansk rail line cut. No Factory in Murmansk. Ok can't reach USSR from CW.

Now it gets weird.
2 Canadian factories sent to Vladivostok hijacking the USA convoy line. Only 1 USA BP is sent.

The 2 Indian factories ignore the convoy line to the red sea and the rail line into the USSR from the south.

So i get only 3 BP's into the USSR instead of 5BP's

There is no way that i see of Idling a factory. Which i understand. But as far as BP's go. Why is a factory used as the point of departure? Should it not be the pool of Bp's.

Consider this. 2 factories at 1.25 production value create 2.5 BP. Rounded up is 3 BP. So the AI sends 2 of the BP and places the .5 into the pool?

Anyway. That's my MWiF world.
Resource management is frustrating and not really player friendly for the Allied player.
I can't even imagine playing with Limited supply option and watching the AI use convoys in place for supply as resource routes.

Yes, i know about saving BP's and sending them. For a solo game that's fine. 2 player is not so acceptable.

Edited to add 1 more.

Naval Carrier Air on 5 CW carriers found themselves with no Aircraft when returning to base. The CVp's were left in limbo flying.
Ended up attempting to land the "CVp's" on land then use the escape key to watch the AI land the planes back on the CV's at sea.
This only happened after a mistake and using the escape key by accident.
“We never felt like we were losing until we were actually dead.”
Marcus Luttrell
warspite1

RE: Problems this week

Post by warspite1 »

WarHunter it is the problems with resource management/convoys that is stopping me playing at the moment so I share the frustration. However iirc this is being looked at next after supply issues so am hoping it won't be too long before this element gets the attention it needs.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
WarHunter

Post by WarHunter »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

WarHunter it is the problems with resource management/convoys that is stopping me playing at the moment so I share the frustration. However iirc this is being looked at next after supply issues so am hoping it won't be too long before this element gets the attention it needs.

the resource management should be easier with a computer to help. I would rather just do it myself and lock it in.
Marcus Luttrell
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: WarHunter

ORIGINAL: warspite1

the resource management should be easier with a computer to help. I would rather just do it myself and lock it in.
warspite1

Of course - its supposed to be one of the great advantages of having WIF on computer. Sadly at the moment its more problematic than when playing the board game....

Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

I hope you've got saved games for all those bugs. Especially the first you've mentioned is a new one for me.

The bugs on production are all somewhat in the same league and seem to be related to known bugs which have been reported earlier. After supply, it is the part Steve is going to work on first.

The bug regarding the Finns has been reported before.

For the last bug reported, I think some additional information might be usefull, since you seem to have found a way to recreate this (using the ESC-key where apparently this key should have been disabled). Can you give more details on it?
Peter
WarHunter

Post by WarHunter »

ORIGINAL: Centuur

I hope you've got saved games for all those bugs. Especially the first you've mentioned is a new one for me.

The bugs on production are all somewhat in the same league and seem to be related to known bugs which have been reported earlier. After supply, it is the part Steve is going to work on first.

The bug regarding the Finns has been reported before.

For the last bug reported, I think some additional information might be usefull, since you seem to have found a way to recreate this (using the ESC-key where apparently this key should have been disabled). Can you give more details on it?

Yes i can get saved games for them. They were found as we played. and did not make it a point to stop, just find a way to continue.

Got another for you.

US entry. Declaring war on Germany and Italy results in a die roll for each nation instead of only 1 die for both.

Ya that hurts when you see 5 chits move. Also that little button that says don't add to tension pool. Its to little, if not looking for its easy not to see.
Marcus Luttrell
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Consider this. 2 factories at 1.25 production value create 2.5 BP. Rounded up is 3 BP. So the AI sends 2 of the BP and places the .5 into the pool?
For all that it may help, this was indeed asked and answered in the FAQ which MWiF has been quite true to.

You cannot benefit from a round-up in a pocketed area and you can only transport BPs in integers.

So yes, any round-up always ends up in the UK (or current home country of Britain if the UK is conquered) - in the case of the CW; and in the home country for the other majors.
Paul
joshuamnave

Post by joshuamnave »

Wait, you can send BP's to Russia from the allies? And those BP's are deducted from the western allies bp totals and added to Russia's? Lucky!

As for limited supply - I do play with it and your concern is a non issue. Convoy units used for resource transportation still provide supply, so your supply chain can't be hijacked by the resource management.

Also - sunk convoy points are still providing convoy benefits. In fact, you don't even have to sink 'em. Just set them up, route resources through them, then send them home. You now have an invincible convoy route for the rest of the game.
Head Geek in Charge at politigeek.net - the intersection of politics and all things geeky
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Now it gets weird.
2 Canadian factories sent to Vladivostok hijacking the USA convoy line. Only 1 USA BP is sent.

The 2 Indian factories ignore the convoy line to the red sea and the rail line into the USSR from the south.

So i get only 3 BP's into the USSR instead of 5BP's
Just curious, did you do the allocation of the BPs using the trade dialog and set their routing as a default? Or is that what MWiF computed it should do?
Paul
WarHunter

Post by WarHunter »

4 save files posted in separate threads.
Did not post about Finnish units, as it has been reported.

Figure it is easier that way for answers to questions.
Marcus Luttrell
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

thanks - this helps....
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

I would like to have the saved game for the Finnish units problem, if you have it available. I have downloaded your saved games for the other problems.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
WarHunter

Post by WarHunter »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

I would like to have the saved game for the Finnish units problem, if you have it available. I have downloaded your saved games for the other problems.

Phase is combat deciding. 3 Finnish units attacking 1 soviet militia in Blizzard. 9-3 becomes 1-1. You can also use German units as they are adjacent. Mix them up if you like. Total factors axis 29 soviet 3.
Attachments
Finish_Com..decide01.zip
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
Marcus Luttrell
WarHunter

Post by WarHunter »

Bump for file download that was asked for.
Marcus Luttrell
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

It's on the bug list to fix.
Peter
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

Phase is combat deciding. 3 Finnish units attacking 1 soviet militia in Blizzard. 9-3 becomes 1-1. You can also use German units as they are adjacent. Mix them up if you like. Total factors axis 29 soviet 3.
Thank you.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”