How to build Space ports in space?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

CMS1302

How to build Space ports in space?

Post by CMS1302 »

Hi folks,
is there any way for an empire to build a space port away from a colony? (You know, like pirates do)

Basically, I'm sometimes in need of a deep space station, far away from my colonies, to build, repair or refit ship being on deep space missions.
I know, a normal space station would do the job as well, but mining ships treat space stations differently than space ports, even if they have the very same set up.(To the first, they
deliver mined good for further distribution.)

I have had a tough time supplying my space stations with resources, so I started do design frigates, serving as mining ships but which still under my control.
The idea was to establish a space station, look what resources are required and sending out the frigate to collect them in the nearby Systems.
But so far, to get the resources out of the frigates one can either let the ship return to a space port automatically or retiring them at a space Station, which is obviously not really preferable.
(And I haven't been able to queue more than one Mission to the frigates... mostly as I can't remember how to do that).

Does anyone has any clue how to turn space stations into space ports without using the editor?

Thanks

Ingo
Osito

RE: How to build Space ports in space?

Post by Osito »

According to the Galactopedia (which, admittedly, isn't always right), normal empires (unlike pirates) must build space ports at their colonies. Thus, if you want space port functionality away from a colony the only way to achieve that is through a star base, but, as you observed, that comes with certain limitations.

So, I'm not sure it's possible to do what you want. I would hope there would be a way to mod it in Universe.
Osito
ReadeB

Post by ReadeB »

You would need a lot of cargo space, as Spaceports use the Colony for ~unlimited storage.

A nice mod would be the ability to build a Spaceport on/in an asteroid with mining capability and unlimited storage.

Would be nice if pirate (maybe legendary) used Spaceports with Stealth installed so you had to get close to "see" them.
CyclopsSlayer

Post by CyclopsSlayer »

Hmm, I have 'found' Space Ports in Asteroid belts, I just never noticed I couldn't build my own there.

Return to “The War Room”