FITE2.......Fogger(A)......Fulkerson(S)

Post accounts of your memorable victories and defeats here for other wargamers to share.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

larryfulkerson

RE: FITE2.......Fogger......Fulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's a section of the front line where I just barely got these guys into position when the German recon elements start to show up. I won
this footrace just barely. I may not be so lucky further north of here where the Germans are running nearly free.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (448.61 KiB) Viewed 443 times
Interviewer: "What is your greatest weakness?"
Elderly Gentleman: "My honesty."
Interviewer: "Well I hardly think that could be a weakness."
Elderly Gentleman: "I don't give a fuck what you think."
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's my aircraft losses. The air war display said 0 for enemy shot down and 0 for friendly loss so that was no help at all.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (231.55 KiB) Viewed 443 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's the air war display I was talking about:

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (357.44 KiB) Viewed 443 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

South of the Stalin Line the Romanians are starting to press against my river defenses and the Soviet units are holding so far. I'm putting
roadblocks in place further to the east because the Romanians are going to jump the river somewhere or find a ford or something and
I'll have them to deal with on the east side of the river. Which will be the trickle that turns into a waterfall.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (404.39 KiB) Viewed 443 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Further to the east of the Above Image there's another river and I've got people on the bridges and arty zero'ed in and I don't remember
the name of it but there's another river yet to the east of this image. And I'm going to have people set up there too.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (428.06 KiB) Viewed 443 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here I have found a spot along that same river that has the Romanians already on the east side. They blasted their way through my
defenses and I'm trying to plug the hole but I'm not going to be able to hold them back for very long. There's a hole in my front lines
developing here and I guess I'll have to pull everybody back before John gets a really good pocket started. These are slow movers and
they are already engaged and John outnumbers me and now with this hole he can spread out in my rear areas and sack my arty etc.
That's what I would do.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (371.28 KiB) Viewed 443 times
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

It's nice that we are not hearing about bugs in the scenario. Goes to show you how much work has gone into it.

Some would not have the Soviet artillery anywhere near the Germans. They would all be sipping vodka back by the Volga. Since headquarters have artillery they might disband them if it looked like they were going to be surrounded and killed just to save the artillery some of them have. That stuff is a game changer later on. But not all of us play the same, eh? ;)

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: Lobster
Some would not have the Soviet artillery anywhere near the Germans. They would all be sipping vodka back by the Volga. Since headquarters have artillery they might disband them if it looked like they were going to be surrounded and killed just to save the artillery some of them have. That stuff is a game changer later on. But not all of us play the same, eh? ;)
That's an excellent idea. I seem to remember, however, that there's a house rule about no disbanding anything for the Soviet player to
follow. But there's no playback since this isn't a pure PBEM game and John wouldn't know if I DID disband them but it's the honor
system here and I still have a smigeon of self respect left so I'd rather not do that to John. I'm using the arty to try to stiffen the front
line a bit but I can see your point too. Excellent gameplay by you, again. Thanks for the tip.
fogger

Post by fogger »

There is honour between G.O.B’s. (Grumpy Old Bastards)
Thought for the day:
If you feel like doing some work, sit down and wait....... The feeling does go away.
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson
That's an excellent idea. I seem to remember, however, that there's a house rule about no disbanding anything for the Soviet player to
follow. But there's no playback since this isn't a pure PBEM game and John wouldn't know if I DID disband them but it's the honor
system here and I still have a smigeon of self respect left so I'd rather not do that to John. I'm using the arty to try to stiffen the front
line a bit but I can see your point too. Excellent gameplay by you, again. Thanks for the tip.

Dude! Do you seriously think I'm telling you to cheat??? Really? I'm cut to the quick. [&:]

I've been through the briefing and docs and there are no house rules that I can find. You must be thinking of one of the FitE mods. If you have found some house rules could you please point me in the proper direction.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Dude! Do you seriously think I'm telling you to cheat??? Really? I'm cut to the quick. [&:]

I've been through the briefing and docs and there are no house rules that I can find. You must be thinking of one of the FitE mods. If you have found some house rules could you please point me in the proper direction.
Okay, well then, if there's no house rule against disbanding then I say let's do it. Save some arty tubes for later. Great idea.
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

Yeah, you actually need to find all the gamey crud you can come up with and run with it to see if it needs fixed since this is a test. Try to break it.

TPOO

Post by TPOO »

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

Okay, well then, if there's no house rule against disbanding then I say let's do it. Save some arty tubes for later. Great idea.

There are no house rules currently against disbanding these units.
fogger

Post by fogger »

I think there should be a house rule that only units in a supplied town can disband
Thought for the day:
If you feel like doing some work, sit down and wait....... The feeling does go away.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: fogger
I think there should be a house rule that only units in a supplied town can disband
That works for me. I think so too. New house rule: Only units in a supplied town can disband. Done and done.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Okay.....I've gotten one of the Kiev factories to location code named Chili-Binsk. Now the other one needs to move. I'm planning on
moving the Leningrad factories too. If possible.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (332.06 KiB) Viewed 444 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's a short list of the factories that still need to be moved. I notice that Kiev has only that one factory. Cool.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (350.73 KiB) Viewed 444 times
Cfant

Post by Cfant »

I have to say, I don't like it. It's no cheating for sure, as it is not forbidden, but I regard it as an exploit, if it happens near the front. No problem at the Ural, but near the front you avoid the possibility to loose the material, this way weakening your opponent. And you save the material without using rail capacity.
If your opponent is ok with the rule, then there is no need for any more thinking about it [:)]
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: Cfant2
I have to say, I don't like it. It's no cheating for sure, as it is not forbidden, but I regard it as an exploit, if it happens near the front. No problem at the Ural, but near the front you avoid the possibility to loose the material, this way weakening your opponent. And you save the material without using rail capacity.
If your opponent is ok with the rule, then there is no need for any more thinking about it [:)]
I think you're correct in that the commander on the ground in real life wouldn't have that option and so our doing it is artificial.

Also, here's the file of troops leaving the Moscow area headed west. It's a traffic jam and I'm not all that in favor of units having to
move over the top of other units since it's sometimes costly in terms of MP's. But there's only a few roads and rails leaving Moscow
going west so it's almost necessary.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (384.7 KiB) Viewed 445 times
Josh

Post by Josh »

.... hmmm everything alright Larry? MIA? Doesn't happen much you let a day go by without an AAR post. Last post a week ago I'm worried.

Return to “After Action Reports”