Nice Review just realesed on Armchair General

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
radic202

Nice Review just realesed on Armchair General

Post by radic202 »

Just thought I would share a nice review I was just reading.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/heroes-o ... review.htm
It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
markhwalker

RE: Nice Review just realesed on Armchair General

Post by markhwalker »

The designers’ near-obsession with replicating the boardgame got a little out of hand (do we really need the dice rolls being shown with every action?), but for fans of the boardgame system that might not be a drawback.

Well, I like the dice AND LnL is not an obsession. Scarlett Johansson is an obsession. LnL is just a game.[&o]
Also the $39.99 cost might seem a bit high,
Yeah, I think it works out to about .00000067$ dollars per hour that Tom and I spent on the game. [;)]
World at War: Revelation, a creepy, military action, alternate history, World War Three novel. At Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (http://tinyurl.com/mcgcht8). Only $3.99. What the hell?
markhwalker

Post by markhwalker »

BTW, Radic, where is that counter from?
World at War: Revelation, a creepy, military action, alternate history, World War Three novel. At Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (http://tinyurl.com/mcgcht8). Only $3.99. What the hell?
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

It is from World in Flames

http://www.matrixgames.com/store/296/World.In.Flames

NZgunner

Post by NZgunner »

ORIGINAL: markhwalker
Yeah, I think it works out to about .00000067$ dollars per hour that Tom and I spent on the game. [;)]

hopefully you are getting a better return that that!!

$40 is on the high side for games these days, but still a reasonable price for a good game

one of the things that has really surprised me is how easy it has been for modders to create new scenarios and units, and how quickly the content has expanded - this is making the game more and more attractive all the time, and I hope prospective buyers take this into consideration

I've got the traditional versions of Band of Heroes and Not One Step Back, so I've already invested a lot in this system, and while I haven't yet bought the computer version, it really only seems like a matter of time before I will - money isn't the problem, finding time to play it will be!!
radic202

Post by radic202 »

BTW, Radic, where is that counter from?

OMG, So sorry my friend, totally missed your question:

The funny thing is that I was the OP of the Thread on the same question you are asking me. The members making the avatars are very helpful, don;t be shy to ask.

tm.asp?m=3466131

It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
markhwalker

Post by markhwalker »

hopefully you are getting a better return that that!!

Well, it'll improve if you buy a copy. [;)]

Wow, I've been neck deep in the E2 industry for 24 years. I think 40$ is completely fair, if not cheap.
NZgunner

Post by NZgunner »

Wow, I've been neck deep in the E2 industry for 24 years. I think 40$ is completely fair, if not cheap.

and I've been buying games for almost that long - when you could only get physical copies $80 was a normal sort of price, so $40 is definitely cheap!!

but with the advent of digital distribution and online stores like Steam (especially at sale time), the average buyer expects $20-$30 for all but the big budget behemoths like Rome Total War - just look at all the moaning on Steam right now about the price point of Battle Academy

of course the average Steam buyer isn't someone who would like war games anyway, and they would feel that $10 was probably too much
Jamm

Post by Jamm »

40 bucks is very fair.
Approaching the release date, I was expecting 50 to 60.
When the going gets weird,... the weird turn pro
Hunter S Thompson

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jamm-wor ... =bookmarks
HobbesACW

Post by HobbesACW »

If a game clicks it can be amazing value. I've bought four AGEOD games and they have kept me entertained for 8 years so far.
So almost free entertainment really. Combat Mission, TOAW and the Campaign series are others that I played for years.
But then there are the games you buy but hardly play at all. Overall I think games are very reasonably priced compared to say movies - for the amount of pleasure gained. Then there is a tablet game like Holiday Drops that cost 60p and has kept me and my wife entertained for about 500 hours so far! [:)]

andym

Post by andym »

Looking at all the Mods,Scenarios and maps coming out,this game has VERY long legs!
Press to Test...............Release to Detonate!
markhwalker

Post by markhwalker »

Looking at all the Mods,Scenarios and maps coming out,this game has VERY long legs!

Hope so!
NZgunner

Post by NZgunner »

With the $10 Easter gift voucher from Matrix this ended up being a no-brainer - just finished playing through the tutorials, hope my die rolls are a lot better in the real scenarios!!
andym

Post by andym »

Just DL'd this last night,didnt really have time to give it a decent go,still working through the Tutorials.Once i have got the gist of the Game and its system i will be having a go at some scenarios.(may have to be a while as i am at present working on a Route for Trainsim 2014)
Press to Test...............Release to Detonate!

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”