Thumbs down to hitchhikers-On the Road to Tokyo (Krishub1/Khyberbill(A), Sprior/Cap Mandrake(J)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

khyberbill

RE: Thumbs down to hitchhikers-On the Road to Tokyo (Krishub1/Khyberbill(A), Sprior/Cap Mandrake(J)

Post by khyberbill »

Bar-keeping is an art. It is always good to get to use a hyphenated word on the forum. Should be worth two posts at least. As for the agreement for the Long Island, see the first post.
"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.
krishub1492
RE: Thumbs down to hitchhikers-On the Road to Tokyo (Krishub1/Khyberbill(A), Sprior/Cap Mandrake(J)

Post by krishub1492 »

I bow to your superior negotiating skills. [&o]
khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

An article in the science section of a prominent east coast paper recently discussed the discovery of ancient cave drawings. It appears a discussion took place in a cave a long time ago regarding agriculture; specifically the mandrake root and shrubs. What interests scientists was that it seems that ale is also mentioned. Scientists are confused by a reference to turn 1 and something called AE. Perhaps a local god of the time?
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

AE= After Effects.  It seems that if I consume Ale, I experience AE.  Which sometimes leads to a near religious experience
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
krishub1492

Post by krishub1492 »

Game delayed by Cap Mandrake's computer difficulties. Expect hostilities to begin soon.
khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

How about those Huskies!!! I am not a big fan but I am impressed that a rather small state university bags both BBall crowns in the same season.
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

I was seriously impressed.  Both Mens AND Womans title.

Post count plus 1.  Must keep the doc & company in a lather.  If he is getting a new laptop, it's gonna be an age before hostilities begin.  You may have a fleet of Essex's (is that a word?!?  [&:] ) before they bomb Dutch Harbor.
khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

That would be a nice to have deliveries advanced. However, we will just probably be pounded harder with the dice rolls from two new puters.
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

Well?  Where is TF58?  The world wonders.

Oh wait, I spoiled the surprise [:(]
khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

A quiet game of whist is taking place at the O Club in Delhi Cantonment. It is 2330 December 7, 1941

Three (3) spades states General Wavell ( Field Marshal Archibald Percival Wavell, 1st Earl Wavell, GCB, GCSI, GCIE, CMG, MC, and PC if you must know these things). Just then an excited young orderly dashes in interrupting the game.

Sir, a message has been received and the Japs are attacking an American base in Hawaii, I just heard it on the wireless!

General Wavell turns to the junior officer to his left and says, "your bid please". And then turns to the orderly. Please send a wireless to Pussy Percy in Singers. Tell him the Japs are on the prowl and to ensure his cannons are ready. Use the word cannon, I dont want him to confuse that with guns. They should get a good work out he mutters to himself as he sips his gin and tonic. Lets take this rubber he exclaims to his partner.

Meanwhile, on the trail from Mardan to Saidu Sharif in the Northwest Frontier, young Harry Flashman III sleeps fitfully.
kaleun

Post by kaleun »

Wavell

La Gloria Cubana Wavell, used to be my favorite cigars.
Now I love Arturo Fuentes 8-5-8 or Cuban Coronas with maduro wrapper.
Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu
khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

Are those the ones that Clinton fancied? Here dear, have a cigar!
kaleun

Post by kaleun »

Are those the ones that Clinton fancied? Here dear, have a cigar!
That reminds me, during the Clinton administration, my wife and I attended the first Big Smoke in DC. It was a load of fun and I got to meet Ernesto Perez Carrillo, then owner of La Gloria Cubana in Miami (I used to buy the cigars directly in the factory) and Arturo Fuentes Jr.
The reason we went to DC was because we were going to demonstrate in front of the White House, smoking cigars at Lafayette Park and then march to the event. The purpose of the demonstration was to uphold smoker's rights[8|] It was a total hoot, about 1500-2000 people at Lafayette Park smoking cigars (The whole place smelled like a cigar room)even the bums smoked cigars that day.
We invited Bill to join us but he did not come. I am pretty sure he watched us from the oval office though.
Even funnier was that foreign TV in Europe reported on the demonstration but nothing was shown on US TV.
Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu
khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

We received the combat turn four days ago but no turn yet. As expected, the hammer fell on Pearl Harbor. Here is a snap shot of the attack:

No BB's sunk but many will be in the yards for a long time.

There were three invasions of note. The first was Kendari, the second was Rabaul and the third was Mersing. That one surprised me, I thought these two were honorable Japanmens. Now I think they are lower than whale poo.

The Mersing invasion means we will probably not be able to hole up in Singapore. A second fortress will have to be built. I am leaning towards Victoria but welcome suggestions from the forum. And we need suggestions. They are madly posting to their AAR. Someone should tell them a little less posting and more work on the turn!

Attachments
20140419..Notepad.jpg
20140419..Notepad.jpg (79.06 KiB) Viewed 301 times
khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

Killing two seagulls was rather a low blow as well.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: khyberbill

Killing two seagulls was rather a low blow as well.
What do you expect? They are capitalists and imperialists! They are probably out right now drumming up contributions to save the seagulls.

I've been posting in their AAR, so I'll distract them - and you steal their password!
khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

Passwords, we dont need no stinking passwords!! Do you have a pair of F4 Phantoms you can spare?
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

I was able to sneak in a Minox camera. Here is the illustration from post #68 in their AAR:

Attachments
BikiniClassroom.jpg
BikiniClassroom.jpg (23.43 KiB) Viewed 301 times
khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

That does not appear to be a Japanwomans. Perhaps the evil beasts are already impressing comfort womsns.
krishub1492

Post by krishub1492 »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

I was able to sneak in a Minox camera. Here is the illustration from post #68 in their AAR:

Good to see what we're fighting for.

My part of Turn 2 is complete. What a relief. It's a lot easier when your only doing part of it.

Pearl was not hit badly. Can confirm that all BBs survived with one CL sunk. Ships are fleeing in all directions from Manila.

Return to “After Action Reports”