Win8

Post bug reports and ask for technical assistance here.
briantmar

Win8

Post by briantmar »

I got a new computer to replace my dead win7 comp. I loaded CC5 TLD and all the patches. I cannot seem to get it to work on Win8 64 bit machine. I have tried compatibility modes with no luck. Any suggestions?

Long time CC fan
VPaulus

RE: Win8

Post by VPaulus »

Can you described your issue?
Kilovski

Post by Kilovski »

@Zendar.....Is the colour palate reduced? Does it look as if its in 256 colours? That was my issue with win 8 for CC LSA. If it is, VPaulus told me this to fix it and it worked......Open game menu, click on options, click on general, change screen resolutions to whatever yours are(mine was 1920 * 1200) and tick the windowed option. This resolved the issue for LSA, and worked as well for TLD when I installed it and had the same prob as LSA. Hope it works for you [:)]
Brygun

Post by Brygun »

ORIGINAL: Kilovski

@Zendar.....Is the colour palate reduced? Does it look as if its in 256 colours? That was my issue with win 8 for CC LSA. If it is, VPaulus told me this to fix it and it worked......Open game menu, click on options, click on general, change screen resolutions to whatever yours are(mine was 1920 * 1200) and tick the windowed option. This resolved the issue for LSA, and worked as well for TLD when I installed it and had the same prob as LSA. Hope it works for you [:)]

Had the same issue. Looked like it was 1/2 the width and all purple (256 colour like). Using the fix the menus are working.
lkvernmo@hotmail.com

Post by lkvernmo@hotmail.com »

Is there possible to run TLD on Win 8 WITHOUT using windowed mode?
RedlegSGM

Post by RedlegSGM »

Is there a fix for this? I already changed the settings to match my screen res and into windowed mode and I still get the same as the OP. Half screen that is purple and pixelated. Would really like to enjoy my game again. :(

I have a brand new i7 HP Envy with an HD 4600 graphics card and win 8.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

The issue seems to be related to specific video cards/drivers on Windows 8, and not necessarily a general problem with the game. It is something we're looking into and may be able to address in a future update, but there is no update available at this time.

You might try updating your graphics card and/or DirectX, as well as changing the Windows 8 compatibility settings. Here is one web page that discusses the compatibility settings: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/68 ... s-8-a.html

Steve

skymantis

Post by skymantis »

Looks like this was last addressed in Sep. It is April, 6 months later, and still has a problem. I can run this just fine in a virtual machine running XP, which is end of life cycled. I can run it in windows 8.1 x64 if I run it windowed, but not full screen. As a software developer myself, this is not a fix but a work around. For windows 8 your going to need to upgrade the engine to support directx 11x. Compatibility mode does nothing to fix the graphics corruption if you run it natively.

Also, in case this is helpful, Cross of Iron runs fine in Windows 8.1 x64 Pro, so there is something different in the engine between these two.

This is something that needs addressed and I would be happy to work with the developers to come up with a real solution.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

PicoByter,

Thanks for your feedback on this issue. You are correct that Windowed Mode is a work around, but that is the best solution I can offer at this time. The Win 8 compatibility problems are something that we plan to address when resources allow.

Steve
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

With higher and higher resolution monitors coming out and with no way to run full screen any longer under Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 the fixed 800x600 menu screens are getting smaller and harder to read. Could not the option be added when running in windowed mode to double the menu graphic size to 1600x1200 if the screen resolution supports it?
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi Tejszd,

I addressed this in the other thread where you posted the suggestion (Windows 10 support in the top level forum.)

Steve

Return to “Tech Support”