Has the NDA already expired?

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

warspite1

RE: Has the NDA already expired?

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: CrusssDaddy

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Max Hastings:

"A tour de force - I loved chapter 3 about CrusssDaddy entitled "What the $%^& is a bumbleton? Very moving".

I would like it known -- for the record -- that I was asked to cooperate in the writing of that chapter and I refused. The author's insights into what is and is not a bumbleton are wholly his own, and grossly inaccurate I'd wager.

Back to business: Gosh, this was a disappointing revelation. I had my popcorn out ready for a good ol' fashioned hootenanny and it's just some dude coming to the uncomfortable, slightly tearful understanding that hobbyist projects may lack in professional oversight, accountability and management.

Gimme something tasty to eat...!
warspite1

How do you know they are inaccurate? Yes, of course they are my own thoughts - on the basis that there is no such word as bumbleton and you would need to be a $%%^&&&^ bumbleton to use a word like bumbleton in the first place [;)].

Now run along bumbleton, I am waiting for Part II of Extraneous's memoires
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Extraneous

Post by Extraneous »

ORIGINAL: pzgndr

ORIGINAL: Extraneous
So it is up to me to decide if the NDA has expired for me. Then it has expired.

NDA or not, there is still the quaint notion of professional courtesy and a reasonable expectation to not discuss certain confidential behind-the-scenes discussions/arguments. [:-]

Oh by the way this is the polite version so it wouldn't be automatically deleted by Steve. As some of my other posts have been.

Is Patrice still in the beta or does his job at ADG cause a conflict of interests?

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)
WarHunter

Post by WarHunter »

To put forth your best effort and come away feeling marginalized is something i can understand.
Everyone has had those moments in life. At least i believe that.

I do hope with this post closure comes to Extraneous. No need to carry the weight of it any longer.

He has done a lot of work. Makes no difference if his name is on it or not. We all know differently. Knowing and getting history correct, is what we are all about.

Right? [&:]
“We never felt like we were losing until we were actually dead.”
Marcus Luttrell
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: pzgndr

So it is up to me to decide if the NDA has expired for me. Then it has expired.

NDA or not, there is still the quaint notion of professional courtesy and a reasonable expectation to not discuss certain confidential behind-the-scenes discussions/arguments. [:-]

Oh by the way this is the polite version so it wouldn't be automatically deleted by Steve. As some of my other posts have been.

Is Patrice still in the beta or does his job at ADG cause a conflict of interests?

Extraneous stop being Mr. Polite please. What you have said above might be standard fare with gaming testers, just guessing. Spit it out do not hold back, I want to hear what went down from your perspective, let us decide if you have been injured helping Steve with WIF. I will tell you this, if Steve deletes anything you have to say I would be terribly disappointed in him. You say he has deleted other posts by you, what posts and when? Was your problems with Steve or Patrice or both? Taking no sides here one way or another.

Bo
Extraneous

Post by Extraneous »

As to naming names.

If you haven't figured it out yet this is going to be a shock for you. I don't post anything without something I can show in black and white.

I will say this somehow Wosung (who was not part of the beta at the time) became the expert on the Japanese. I was told by Patrice to post my write ups for the Japanese in the forums so he could check my work. As far as I know he never proof read my write ups. Considering my work on "For the Purists" this was kind of doubly insulting don't you think? Once being told by another beta tester what to do and once for doing it and having it ignored.

And I cannot forget the warm (flaming) welcome you all gave me on my first posts as Extraneous. Championed by who else but Patrice.

ORIGINAL: Ubercat
I hope you aren't asking this because you feel compelled to justify anything to trolls.

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

This sense of the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, but have been used more widely. Media attention in recent years has equated trolling with online harassment. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."

Yup I'm a Troll because all my posts are Extraneous [:D]

Extraneous stop being Mr. Polite please. What you have said above might be standard fare with gaming testers, just guessing. Spit it out do not hold back, I want to hear what went down from your perspective, let us decide if you have been injured helping Steve with WIF. I will tell you this, if Steve deletes anything you have to say I would be terribly disappointed in him. You say he has deleted other posts by you, what posts and when? Was your problems with Steve or Patrice or both? Taking no sides here one way or another.

Bo

Bo I am sending you a PM.

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

Let me say something. I don't consider you to be a troll, never have. Sure, your name suggests otherwise, but you are not. Disappointed as you may be in the way things were done in the past, I still think your imput is there in the game.

And I don't want to know things in detail which went wrong in those days. Things happen. Shit happens. And that's it. Time to move on...
Peter
Ubercat

Post by Ubercat »

ORIGINAL: Ubercat
I hope you aren't asking this because you feel compelled to justify anything to trolls.

Yup I'm a Troll because all my posts are Extraneous [:D]

I was not calling you a troll, nor even trying to imply that you were one. I thought the structure of my OP made that pretty clear but you're the second person to think I was calling you one!

In another thread, everyones favorite troll from Berlin was daring beta testers to reveal info from the beta forum. You turned around and started a thread about the NDA, so I thought you were rising to his bait.
"I’m not convinced that faith can move mountains, but I’ve seen what it can do to skyscrapers." -William H. Gascoyne
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Extraneous,

So you joined the beta team in 2006, around what time did you resign?

MWIF has been in development and testing so long that I'm sure there are other similar stories out there. Frankly, almost every team has some burned bridges and some internal politics at some point. We also typically find that if 10 testers sign up, perhaps 2-3 stay for the long run as for various reasons including great differences between the expectation and reality of testing and small group game development, it's not what the rest were looking for.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I encourage you to try other test teams in the future if you are interested though, every project is different.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Extraneous

Post by Extraneous »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi Extraneous,

So you joined the beta team in 2006, around what time did you resign?

MWIF has been in development and testing so long that I'm sure there are other similar stories out there. Frankly, almost every team has some burned bridges and some internal politics at some point. We also typically find that if 10 testers sign up, perhaps 2-3 stay for the long run as for various reasons including great differences between the expectation and reality of testing and small group game development, it's not what the rest were looking for.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I encourage you to try other test teams in the future if you are interested though, every project is different.

Regards,

- Erik

Yes, I joined the beta 12/28/2006

Thanks for the correction. My eyes are not what they used to be and I had it down as 2005 on my list of beta testers. Yes, I have a list of the first eight (8) groups of beta testers.

The only game I was interested in was MWiF. Although I have purchased other Matrix products and downloaded games from Matrix.

I cannot speculate on any of the reasons others have left the MWiF beta. Since I was not privileged to that information.

Return to “World in Flames”