Mini Hofen AAR by Daz

Post reports of your great victories and disastrous defeats here to share with other gamers.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

dazkaz15

RE: Mini Hofen AAR by Daz

Post by dazkaz15 »

I have no idea what the 5 AFV losses were guys.
Maybe they were units that never made it to the map? Breakdowns of something?

Loki your right about the bombardment on the Village being an impressive sight.
This game has very rudimentary graphics so I know you are probably thinking I'm mad or very easily impressed, but I think it is because of this that it makes it even more spectacular in a way, because it leaves so much to your imagination, and life experiences to fill in the gaps.

Have you ever read a good book, and maybe a year later of so thought that you had watched it as a movie?
It is only black print on white paper at the end of the day, but its you that brings it to life, by filling in the gaps with your mind.

Well last night watching that barrage come down all over that village, the sounds of the Werfer units firing, and the medium artillery explosions, as the infantry slowly advanced in line, and waiting to see what they uncovered as they went, was quite an impressive experience.
In its own small way.
ComradeP

Post by ComradeP »

Hmm, I only looked at the Axis losses initially, but the Allies also have a large number of "Other" AFV losses. Maybe they're the Jagdtigers you can get as the Axis with favour Axis (IIRC?) and part of a Combat Command or something that didn't arrive as reinforcements but will with the favour Allies option (not sure what their OOB looks like)?
SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer
BletchleyGeek

Post by BletchleyGeek »

ORIGINAL: ComradeP

Hmm, I only looked at the Axis losses initially, but the Allies also have a large number of "Other" AFV losses. Maybe they're the Jagdtigers you can get as the Axis with favour Axis (IIRC?) and part of a Combat Command or something that didn't arrive as reinforcements but will with the favour Allies option (not sure what their OOB looks like)?

Two things: The engine doesn't distinguish between armoured and non-armoured vehicle losses, and vehicles are abandoned when there's not enough crew for them. I think that these losses are due to Daz's destroying the US field artillery battalions and getting to grips with the supply base in Mutzenich.

That was quite a big win, Daz, congratulations. I have never ever came close to a result like that on damned Hofen.
ComradeP

Post by ComradeP »

Possibly, but none were lost to surrender even though numerous Allied units surrendered. 48 trucks lost also doesn't seem like a high number considering all the vehicles and halftracks in the AT units, mobile units and HQ's, not to mention the base.
SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer
BletchleyGeek

Post by BletchleyGeek »

ORIGINAL: ComradeP

Possibly, but none were lost to surrender even though numerous Allied units surrendered. 48 trucks lost also doesn't seem like a high number considering all the vehicles and halftracks in the AT units, mobile units and HQ's, not to mention the base.

Well, that's because the way we do the accounting of casualties: only personnel surrenders (and are counted under that category). As units lose personnel, the engine checks periodically to cull 'excess' equipment and weapons, that is, equipment and weapons which is considered to be 'useless' or 'abandoned' due to lack of personnel to operate it.
dazkaz15

Post by dazkaz15 »

Glad to see there is no one immature enough on these forums to comment on II Bn 753 Gren Regt area position in slide 56 [:D]
MikeJ19

Post by MikeJ19 »

Daz, Very good job. I really liked the information you provided and the diagram. It is very interesting to read someone's thought process as they go through the game. I learnt a lot. Thanks.
Mike

Retired Gunner
rstyle

Post by rstyle »

Thanks for sharing! Textbook AAR, I followed your plan and won my first decisive victory at Hofen!
Just want to express my gratitude and admiration General!
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

Always look forward to your AAR's and here is another gem served up. Thanks for your effort.....now start another![:D]
wodin

Post by wodin »

I see a few phallic symbols in slide 56:)

Anyway great result here. Amazing low casualty.
ORIGINAL: dazkaz15

Glad to see there is no one immature enough on these forums to comment on II Bn 753 Gren Regt area position in slide 56 [:D]
dazkaz15

Post by dazkaz15 »

Thanks' for the great comments guys, I'm glad you enjoyed reading it [:)]

Return to “After Action Reports”