Database Editor

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

juan_m_ramos98

Database Editor

Post by juan_m_ramos98 »

Hello, I'm new in this forum so I will be short. I'm triying to edit the TOAW default database with equipment editor, but i really don't know how the values have to be. For example what means an antiperson value and how it should be for get close to real value. The same with AT, AA, Defence points, volume, weight, armor, and the shell weight (in case of use), also I would like to understand the different options in the editable menu. Thank you if you responce.
Curtis Lemay

RE: Database Editor

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: juan_m_ramos98

Hello, I'm new in this forum so I will be short. I'm triying to edit the TOAW default database with equipment editor, but i really don't know how the values have to be. For example what means an antiperson value and how it should be for get close to real value. The same with AT, AA, Defence points, volume, weight, armor, and the shell weight (in case of use), also I would like to understand the different options in the editable menu. Thank you if you responce.

If you're using the BioEd equipment editor, then you can read my document in the Manuals sub-folder: "How to Edit the Equipment Database.pdf"

If you're using one of the other equipment editors out there, you can still get some info from that document, just not step-by-step "how to" instructions.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

Try Andy's equipment editor and refer to Bob's tutorial he linked in his reply.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.edmiston/toaweqpedit.htm

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
juan_m_ramos98

Post by juan_m_ramos98 »

Thank you guys for your fast answer but, what I mean is for the values. I know how to use the equipment editor but i want to know a deep guide about the formulas of the values. Example: The ap value means how shoots or how much damge, etc.
ogar

Post by ogar »

Thank you guys for your fast answer but, what I mean is for the values. I know how to use the equipment editor but i want to know a deep guide about the formulas of the values. Example: The ap value means how shoots or how much damge, etc.

Other than the "How to..." guide mentioned above (found in the Manuals folder under TOAW), I do not know of any extensive guide on modifying the values.  There have been discussion threads on particular specifics... like how to rate AT capabilties in 1941 vs 1944 or air-to-air ratings for 1944-45... but nothing comprehensive.

Alpha77 recently posted about his mod of eqp file for Modern (?post-Modern) items.  I think most folks modifying the .eqp are looking at doing it to fit one specific time/place for one scenario, so it's a question of tweaking a few items vs comprehensive edits.

Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

The equipment values are the subjective opinions of Norm Koger. What formulas Norm used he kept to himself mostly. You can look in the "Equipment List.rtf" file found in that Manuals sub-folder for some of his thought.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”