Japanese Opponent Wanted

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

denisonh

Japanese Opponent Wanted

Post by denisonh »

Old school UV/WitP/WitP-AE player looking for an IJN opponent for an extended map scenario with stacking rules. Open to discussion on scenarios and HRs. I like to think of myself as a "plausible" player rather than historical player, so tactics like probing the enemy defenses with AKLs is a nogo (do it with warships like DDs).

I can do 2-4 turns a week (maybe more depending on available time), with the intent to average 3 a week.

I am currently involved in a 2x3 we have been playing since Nov 2011. I am a committed player but do have to deal with RL at times.

I have yet to have a solo PBEM go past the 6 month mark yet, Would like to get to mid to late 43 at the latest. Don't require going to the bloody end as I want to play a game that is engaging for both players. This is not work.
"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC
nashvillen

RE: Japanese Opponent Wanted

Post by nashvillen »

Denisonh will give you a run for you money! I have been on his side in a five player game and he is very good.

Very reliable, also!
denisonh

Post by denisonh »

Thanks for the endorsement Mike.[:)]
"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC
Walker84

Post by Walker84 »

I've only ever played with stock so far - are the extended map and stacking rules compatible, or is this one of the DBB options?
The most advanced nations are always those who navigate the most -
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 -1882)
denisonh

Post by denisonh »

Extended map does not work for stock, only scenarios modded for it. The DBB and RA are some that incorporate the extended map. Stacking limits works with stock. My last game was a stacking limits stacking limit stock.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”