just had to say it

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

zakblood

just had to say it

Post by zakblood »

bought a satnav off amazon, wasn't a standard dedi one, was a tablet pc running win6ce from china running software satnav with built in receiver, didn't work how i wanted it to, so asked for help from makers, was given great support and after a week of trying to get it sorted, they offered my money back in full, didn't want the satnav returned either and offered me money off a different one as well.

this is why china is doing so well, came quicker than normal second class post in the uk, all the way from china as well, manual wasn't great but they are getting there, just needed to tell someone.

enjoy

ps, please comment if you have had good service or bad in the thread, no need to name names, have left companies out etc, just your comments either way.

[&o][&o][&o]

support here btw is just as good, if not better, but most companies need some help in this department
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
british exil

RE: just had to say it

Post by british exil »

Zak, was Amazon the company that refunded the money or the chinese company? Amazon have been quite cooperative to me in the past, esp when it comes to books. I ordered the wrong book, asked them how to send it back, they refused the book, refunded my money. Even though I made the mistake, no fault from Amazon whatsoever.

Some companies are very consumer friendly. Makes me willing to buy from them often.

Mat
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

chinese m8, didn't do it through amazon, did contact them at first but then as support was with the direct seller as i needed support first so can't say about amazon as didn't need or use them
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

this is why china is doing so well...

So they sold you a satnav that didn't work, and gave you a full refund without asking for the goods back? Hmmm.. 10/10 for customer service, maybe, but hardly a recipe for economic prosperity! [;)]

zakblood

Post by zakblood »

satnav worked fine tbh, just couldn't see screen too good in the sun, so not great if you wanted it on the dash etc, needs a sun screen or filter cover to alter the brightness of the screen, apart from that it was as good as any tomtom i'd ever owned.

at least they tried to help, when in the end they couldn't do any more, they offered a full refund back onto my card, discount off another make of theirs without the known problem and seemed very sincere and apologetic and couldn't help enough tbh
british exil

Post by british exil »

Zakblood: Sounds like a company that takes their customers seriously. Always nice to hear positive reports.

Herston: They probably think a satisfied consumer will tell his friends how good the company was, thus more sales.
They know a unhappy consumer will also tell others how bad they were, that information is passed on to others. They will never make a sale with any of these people in future, no matter how they much they may alter their policies and become consumer friendly. The unsatisfied customer will never return, nor will his friends and maybe their friends.

Mat

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

too true, reviews good or bad make or break sales now days, my review was very good, just pointed out it needed working on, strengths and weakness etc, pointed out good and bad and was honest, think they liked it :)

Return to “General Discussion”