More fishy stuff with the CRT

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

WarHunter

More fishy stuff with the CRT

Post by WarHunter »

Add this post to the Fishy post about combat in France.

Automatic Victory needs to be looked into. Especially when weather is a factor at high odds.

After playing 90 impulses of the game in solitaire mode as a 2 player game. This has come up at least 4 times. This is a critical element to game play when in defense. Especially if anyone wants to play with the 1D10 CRT table.

Any beta tester playing with the 1D10 CRT and blitz option. I can send 2 saved files where the combat is easy to get at.

A: 36:6 is resolved on the 5-1 table. blitz or assault.
B & C: 58:6 is resolved on the 7-1 table if the Assault is picked. No matter if the Fractional odds hits or not.
D: 41:6 is resolved on the 6-1 if the blitz table is picked and the fractional odds hits.
E: 60 to 6 is resolved as an automatic victory. The rain weather is not calculated.
F: 42 to 6 is initially given a 5-1. If the Blitz table is picked it becomes Automatic victory. Also Rain weather is not calculated.
ODDS RATIOS
Compare the attacker’s total to the defender’s total and work out the basic ratio between them. Round the ratio to a whole number. Always round in favor of the defender. For example, 19:5 rounds to 3:1, not 4:1.
Option 40: (Chinese attack weakness) Halve the combat factors of Nationalist Chinese land units that are attacking.
Option 41: (Fractional odds) Round to a whole number in favor of the defender, then work out how far to the next odds ratio you are. Round this in favor of the defender to the next 10%. Roll a die just before rolling the combat die (you could roll it with the combat die if you want), to see if you find the result on the lower odds or the higher odds. If you roll the percentage or less, you resolve it on the next higher odds, otherwise on the lower odds.
Example 1: 12:7 rounds to 3:2. But you have a spare 1.5 factors. This is 42.9% of the way to 2:1 (i.e. 1.5/3.5). So you get a 40% chance (i.e. a roll of 1-4) of resolving the combat at 2:1.
Example 2: 35:6 is 5.83:1 which rounds down to 5:1 but with an 80% chance of resolving the combat at 6:1.
Reduce the ratio for the effects of jungle (see 11.16.1) and weather (see 8.2.7). If, after all modifications, you are attacking 0 defending combat factors, the combat result is an automatic “*/2B” result in a blitzkrieg attack or an “*/2S” if it is an assault.

EDITED ADDED
A, B, C and D are all correct.

The last two. E and F are the ones i have issue with. If someone sees these last 2 as correct. Explain why.

Screenshot below
“We never felt like we were losing until we were actually dead.”
Marcus Luttrell
WarHunter

RE: More fishy stuff with the CRT

Post by WarHunter »

Screenshot about CRT

Attachments
AVCRT.jpg
AVCRT.jpg (878.5 KiB) Viewed 52 times
Marcus Luttrell
WarHunter

Post by WarHunter »

Noticed a double screenshot for B and C.
Here is the edited C.

Most be late for me. [>:]

Attachments
AVcrt01.jpg
AVcrt01.jpg (135.3 KiB) Viewed 52 times
Marcus Luttrell
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

On E and F: I think that's wrong also. It's strange to see this happening, since I haven't come across mistakes in the odds calculation for 1D10 for a long time.

The only thing I can think of is the question: is there HQ support involved, which might increase the odds again? If not, than we're looking at a bug.
Peter
WarHunter

Post by WarHunter »

ORIGINAL: Centuur

On E and F: I think that's wrong also. It's strange to see this happening, since I haven't come across mistakes in the odds calculation for 1D10 for a long time.

The only thing I can think of is the question: is there HQ support involved, which might increase the odds again? If not, than we're looking at a bug.
Centuur,

Thanks for looking into this. Playing as the allies, i have used the weather in my calculations, especially when setting up speedbumps. To see an attack resolve as an AV, is troubling. Checking the rules for a possible explanation only motivatied me to set up many combat situations to see what is up.

This seems to be linked in some way to the weather calculation and auto victory.

I only used basic combat factors in my many tests. no air, no hq support. Only picked a few to screen shot. Did choose the die roll numbers to make sure fractional odds would work or not. Used assault and blitz table to check how the odds worked out.

This should be looked at soon. Even though it works for both sides. It doesn't follow how the rules are laid out.
Marcus Luttrell
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

Can you put the saved games for E and F in here? That will speed up things. However, the order of bug fixing is supply, production planning/production and naval combat bugs first.

I agree that this is an important bug to fix, however. So it won't be forgotten!
Peter
WarHunter

Post by WarHunter »

ORIGINAL: Centuur

Can you put the saved games for E and F in here? That will speed up things. However, the order of bug fixing is supply, production planning/production and naval combat bugs first.

I agree that this is an important bug to fix, however. So it won't be forgotten!

Centuur,
I did one better.

You have a sandbox to play in.
Phase is Combat declaration. Weather Rain.

HQ Yeremenko, is almost surrounded with enough combat factor to set up any odds attack you want to test. Pretty much how i went about testing it last night.

Just use his counter as the target.
Attachments
Yeremenko_target.zip
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
Marcus Luttrell

Return to “Tech Support”