Weather report not working

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

rsunley

Weather report not working

Post by rsunley »

Hi

I have noticed an issue with the weather report on my machine. It never shows the probabilities of particular weather types across the zones, the table cells are always blank. Has anyone else come across this? OS=Win7.

Regards
Ralph

Attachments
MWiFWeatherissue.jpg
MWiFWeatherissue.jpg (189.28 KiB) Viewed 28 times
markb50k

RE: Weather report not working

Post by markb50k »

your fonts look weird, you may need to set the font size for your OS (Windows) to small.

Others have seen other issues like this, and I think that might help.
rsunley

Post by rsunley »

Thanks for that. Yes, resizing the system fonts to 100% does resolve the issue but unfortunately it makes everything else very small. Modifying the screen resolution to suit was less than satisfactory. Nonetheless it is a workaround that I can use if I wish so again, thanks.

I would however like to report this as a bug for Steve to address as a low priority issue.

Regards
Ralph
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Paul
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: rsunley

Thanks for that. Yes, resizing the system fonts to 100% does resolve the issue but unfortunately it makes everything else very small. Modifying the screen resolution to suit was less than satisfactory. Nonetheless it is a workaround that I can use if I wish so again, thanks.

I would however like to report this as a bug for Steve to address as a low priority issue.

Regards
Ralph
Not easy to 'fix'. There are 150 forms (90+ are quite complex) and each 'component' on a form that has text would have to be adjusted to deal with different Windows specified font sizes. My guess is that there are over 3,000 different components that would need to be hand tailored for each of the 3 possible Window font sizes.

For the foreseeable future, assume that the Windows font size has to be set to 100% (not larger).
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
rsunley

Post by rsunley »

Thanks for the info Steve. Certainly a difficult one to fully resolve. However I have not noticed any font issues on any other forms used in the game and wonder if just that weather one could be fixed up.

Regards
Ralph

Return to “Tech Support”