Japanese Campaign and Beta

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

dr.hal

Japanese Campaign and Beta

Post by dr.hal »

Hi there folks. While I'm waiting around for a JFB to fall prey to my next campaign game, I thought I would try my hand as the Japanese against the AI, learn a little something. SO, my question to you folks is what mods and scenarios DON'T work with the AI. I really like the DaBabes mods especially with limited cargo and extended map, but I fear the AI will not play that. So what can I play as the Japanese? Is it the stock game only? No betas??? I'm a bit at a loss as I normally don't play the AI so it has never occurred to me to keep up with this concept. If I do play the Japs, will the AI cross borders with his troops without paying PPs? For example the Chines going for Hanoi, etc? Just wondering as I don't know the protocol as to how the AI handles these things.... Thanks for your help.... Hal
Lokasenna

RE: Japanese Campaign and Beta

Post by Lokasenna »

Play with the betas! I also recommend the database upgrades from Andy.

I believe you can play at least one version of DBB-lite. However, the full version is not compatible with the AI. I think their website might cover this in better detail.
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

Thanks Lokasenna, I appreciate the quick response. However I'm not familiar with Andy's upgrades. Are they ship data bases? Can you point me to them? Thanks again.
oldman45

Post by oldman45 »

Doc, to the best of my knowledge you cannot play the Japan against the US(AI) there were too many changes to the US OOB in babes so its not going to work.
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

Thanks Oldman, that's what I was thinking!
pws1225

Post by pws1225 »

Hi Hal - For a first time game, I'd recommend simply using either Scenario 1 or 2 with the latest beta. It will show you what the Japan initial disposition looks like and what it capable of doing during the initial stages of the war. I'd also play with PDU=On to get a feel of the capabilities (and lack there of) of Japanese industry. And like so many others who play the dark side, remember to get those resource convoys running early and often.

Good luck, Paul
Symon

Post by Symon »

ORIGINAL: dr.hal
Thanks Lokasenna, I appreciate the quick response. However I'm not familiar with Andy's upgrades. Are they ship data bases? Can you point me to them? Thanks again.
Andy did some upgrades to all the stock scenarios back in 10/2012. They represent the best and final stock scenarios and AI files available at that time. They include all the BabesLite tweaks to everything except 'locations' (LCUs). It was hoped that these would become the last-best scenario set for a final Comprehensive Update, but the C-U didn't happen, so they became just another Beta. But they do use all the special pointers and handles that were embedded in the "official" 1108r9 patch, but weren't used in the then "official" scenario set due to a lack of time to get them together for the release.

One can find them at tm.asp?m=3198064

Andy did a wonderful job and I have replaced all my stock scenarios with his. I think you may wish to consider his scenarios if you wish to play a stock scenario, either against a PBEM opponent, or against the AI (either side).

Ciao. JWE
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”