Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1126b updated 17 Sept 2016

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

btd64

RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123v update

Post by btd64 »

Michael, Can you add a way to select the number of PT boats you buy? Would like the option of buying a group of 4 or 6 or something like that.

GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Banzan

Post by Banzan »

Just reduce range to zero and you shouldn't have any OP losses from training anymore. [;)]
czert2

Post by czert2 »

ORIGINAL: Banzan

Just reduce range to zero and you shouldn't have any OP losses from training anymore. [;)]

I have reduced it to 0, for low fatigue, but still get some planes woff/damaged due to landing acidents, sometmes with pilot kiled. And that is on size 8 AF.
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

In my games, it's been extremely rare to lose a pilot or plane from a group set to 100% Training, but I always set the range to 0 & the alt to 5k' (or less).

It's v. important to constantly check new arrivals, 'cos they enter w/ range set to max and alt too high. If you upgrade the airframe, the range will change to the new planes' max & must be reset to 0.

High alt & long range will cause high fatigue & lower morale, leading to ops losses.

The easiest way to check is on the hotkey A or N screens, look for units that are Training at 40% - those are new reinforcement airgroups that must have their alt & range settings changed ASAP. Check all groups for low morale (improved by Training) and high fatigue (reduced by some days at stand-down).

It's my personal opinion that the game does not accurately reflect the historical high losses of planes & pilots due to training accidents. 'S true that basic ground/flight training is abstracted in the 12-month queue of replacement pilots, but even so, switching from an AT-6 to a high-performance combat aircraft killed a lot of new pilots, to say nothing of learning to fly off & land on a carrier. I've read that there are 20,000 WWI-era plane-wreck sites in CONUS alone. The phrase "One a day, at Tampa Bay" was a cynical reflection on the danger that those pilots faced.
Banzan

Post by Banzan »

Are you sure you lost the planes in units on training missions only? I can't remeber ever losing a plane from a training unit, besides getting cought in an attack units. All OP loses i can remember happend on missions. Even the "break down in hordes" transport planes never get OP losses while training.
koniu

Post by koniu »

Are you sure you lost the planes in units on training missions only? I can't remeber ever losing a plane from a training unit, besides getting cought in an attack units. All OP loses i can remember happend on missions. Even the "break down in hordes" transport planes never get OP losses while training.
+1
800+ turns PBEM and I don`t lose more than 30 planes during training mission.
And probably most of them are loses when i was re-basing training units. Those 30XP pilots have bad habit to crash just after they are out of AF hex.
"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"
Banzan

Post by Banzan »

Aye, landing in a new base seems to be very, very dangerous for pilots below 51 experience.

Trained ASW, NavS and Transport up to 70, but when flying from Seattle to Victoria to get ready for duty, 2 planes crashed with one dead pilot.
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Many thanks for the new patch.

Happy Easter, michaelm!
Chris21wen

RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123x5 updated 18 April 2014

Post by Chris21wen »

Thanks again
czert2

Post by czert2 »

Well, it was partialy my fault in writing, in most cases it was only plane damaged (reading op report), and when plane was realy lost with pilot..well range was not set to 0, i forgot to change it, but othervise it was set to 100% trainig. It was in my traing area only, that why i got supicios, since i knowed i fly only traing missions here and i set all uniths here to traing only, well that was truth, but on some i forgot to change range.

Still i think option "keep at max posible numbers" will be usefull, not only to correct these types of mistakes like i did, but it will be usefull for patrol/tranport units too.
It will remove some nano-managment from game, leaving you more time for work with actual combat units.

And when we are on it, i think some coloring of fatigue on units will be nice to have, with red - this unit desperatly need rest, orange - nice idea to rest, green - ok condition, white - uni is very fresh :).
similiar for morale.
pws1225

Post by pws1225 »

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Many thanks for the new patch.

Happy Easter, michaelm!

+1. Many thanks Michael.
michaelm75au

RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123x5a update

Post by michaelm75au »

There is a new test EXE that can be tried out.
tm.asp?m=3587237&mpage=1&key=EXE&#

I have tried it and it looked okay, but thought to put it out there separately as it may make a difference to pure bombardment ground attack.
If no issues, I will roll into the current beta.
Michael
Gaspote

Post by Gaspote »

First I'm using the beta patch *u.
I had a strange issue a few day ago, I didn't consider it at the time so I have no save but just to say :
I got a sub repairing in Yokosuka then when he finished, he got no torpedoes and no mines.
I made a sub minelaying TF with this sub. When it was done the TF wasn't dock, so I docked it and then click on refuel/rearm from port, the sub loaded mines but not torpedoes.
I changed the task force to sub patrol and then it removed mines but it loaded torpedoes. I changed to sub mine laying and loaded mine but it removed torpedoes.
I didn't understood why it removed torpedoes so I needed one day more to reload mine[&:]

edit : Just discover mines remove torpedoes, forgive my noobiness.
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: michaelm

There is a new test EXE that can be tried out.
tm.asp?m=3587237&mpage=1&key=EXE&#

I have tried it and it looked okay, but thought to put it out there separately as it may make a difference to pure bombardment ground attack.
If no issues, I will roll into the current beta.
Thanks Michael for the superlative support!

Pax
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

Yes thanks from me too.
czert2

RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1117 updated 22 September 2012

Post by czert2 »

no idea if this is possible, but i will love that when you seting altitude, you will have displayed type of attack that unit will perform e.q. strafe, low g, dive, glide...etc.¨
It will be great help.

And milion thanks for contiuning support of game.
GeorgePatton

Post by GeorgePatton »

Thanks Michaelm for the new patch. I got it to download and install without virus/reputation warnings now. Now enjoying the immense improvements to the game since 2012 patch.

[&o]
War...war never changes.
LargeSlowTarget

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

For training purposes I have assigned 30 out of 36 pilots to group reserve - the 30 slackers are high-experience veterans who have earned some R&R and the six active pilots are rookies who will share the 100% training among themselves trying to catch up.

Now I want to set the veterans to active status again and have to click and confirm the change back to active status one by one - which is fast becoming tedious...

Is there another way to do this as batch operation? If not, could we get a "reset all pilots to active" button on the pilot screens?
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

When on the group screen (not the pilot screen), there is a button to "add pilot" and another to the right of it that adds multiple pilots (the number varies and is shown). When you click on those buttons, pilots that have a 1-day delay (in other words are in group reserve) are the first ones chosen.
LargeSlowTarget

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

The group has the maximum number of pilots - no "add pilot" buttons available...

Return to “Tech Support”