Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

wings7

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth

Post by wings7 »

The next installment of the fabulous game!! [X(] Coming later (this fall) this year...a must buy, I've always been a Civ fan! [:)]
The new trailer...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Firaxis- ... 4693940170?

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Kuokkanen

RE: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth

Post by Kuokkanen »

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

I've heard of Rickrolls, but this is the first Europeroll.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Lützow

Post by Lützow »

I'm not overly excited.

According to screens it looks like a different skinned Civ 5 with one unit per tile, there won't be a real tech tree anymore and I didn't read anything about a unit workshop yet.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

same old same old, nothing new here move along :)
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

same old same old, nothing new here move along :)

zak, I'm curious, what are some of your favorite games?

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

I can tell about my most favourite games. Civilization (The Original) is very near the top. Colonization ranks high too. I gave try to FreeCiv, but as zakblood said:
same old same old, nothing new here move along
So I did, and I've been avid fan of first person shooters and wargames since then.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

war games, rpg's, the odd sim like tanks/planes/helicopters etc and very little else tbh

don't like online or fps, only ever played a few of these and got bored very quick.
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
StarLab

Post by StarLab »

I'm now weary of initial releases from Firaxis... Civ V vanilla was a joke. I think I'll wait for the 1st expansion if anything. [>:]
gexmex

Post by gexmex »

Took a long time to grow on me, but I really enjoy Civ V as it is now. Looking forward to this one [8D]
Max 86

Post by Max 86 »

Hopefully they put the aggressiveness back into the AI factions as Civ 5 was way too tame and seemed more like a school kid's game and not for the more mature gamers. The warmonger penalty is just too absurd so I will wait to see what others say before buying this new iteration.
No problem Chief!
wings7

Post by wings7 »

To me over the years, the different versions had their pluses and minuses, but always solid game play. I one thing I miss from Civ 4 to Civ 5 is the absence of the Privateer, that unit was fantastic at keeping (or slowing) other civilizations from colonizing overseas without going to war! [:)]

Patrick
Werewolf13

Post by Werewolf13 »

I read the article.

New graphics and a few minor innovations but still - appears to be little more than a reskinned (updated if you prefer) Alpha Centauri.

Which I really enjoyed so this one will be on my list.
Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
RedArgo

Post by RedArgo »

I think the warmonger penalty is just a disincentive to keep the human from rolling over the AIs, since the AI can't play militarily at all.

Still, looking forward to see how this turns out.
ORIGINAL: Max 86

Hopefully they put the aggressiveness back into the AI factions as Civ 5 was way too tame and seemed more like a school kid's game and not for the more mature gamers. The warmonger penalty is just too absurd so I will wait to see what others say before buying this new iteration.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

ORIGINAL: RedArgo

I think the warmonger penalty is just a disincentive to keep the human from rolling over the AIs, since the AI can't play militarily at all.

Still, looking forward to see how this turns out.
ORIGINAL: Max 86

So it is NOT a war game. Sorry just as I have past on all since 2 I will pass on this. I play war games.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

Looks like a remake of Alpha Centauri
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Look interesting, i still love my old game i downloaded from gog and it called Alpha Centauri. Btw that video just a cinema, doesnt say or show any details about the game. What i am really waiting for is GalaxyCivilizations3 and Hearts of Iron4.
balto

Post by balto »

A big +1 on GC3 and HOI4.

And CIV:Beyond Earth.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Why not just buy Pandora that has an ai and leave this reskin alone? It'll never be Alpha Centauri again. They'll screw something up as they always do. Civ V was crap and I still like II the best but Cevo-Civilization is growing and coming up along side of Civ II. Dam ai is tough even on the normal levels.
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

ORIGINAL: jamesm

Looks like a remake of Alpha Centauri

Not enough purple.

Return to “General Discussion”