Vanishing Oil Resources (Actual resources, not saved)

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Ingtar

Vanishing Oil Resources (Actual resources, not saved)

Post by Ingtar »

As Japan, I own the NEI. The oil centers show as idle, but when clicked, they are not listed. They are but ghosts, wisps, mere illusions. I was in an oddball game to test some ideas, so might never see this again. However, you might want to take a look.
Attachments
zzzthor.zip
(1.59 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
Centuur

RE: Vanishing Oil Resources (Actual resources, not saved)

Post by Centuur »

It's a bug.
Peter
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Ingtar

As Japan, I own the NEI. The oil centers show as idle, but when clicked, they are not listed. They are but ghosts, wisps, mere illusions. I was in an oddball game to test some ideas, so might never see this again. However, you might want to take a look.
What is strange about this game is that The Netherlands, NEI, and Dutch Guyana have all been conquered - by Germany. It is not clear to me how Germany conquered Dutch Guyana; mostly by the Netherlands Surrendering it instead of taking it as a new home country.

And then there is Japan controlling all of NEI, without being at war with anyone other than China. Germany is shown as having completely conquered NEI, so I would expect Germany to control all those hexes.

Finally, the NEI oil is shown as going to the Commonwealth. That happens if Japan DOWs the Netherlands, so I am guessing that is what happened.

As near as I can tell, the sequence of events was:
1 - Germany DOWs The Netherlands.
2 - Japan DOWs The Netherlands.
3 - Japan invades the NEI and takes all its important hexes.
4 - Germany conquers the Netherlands.
5 - The Netherlands chooses NEI as its new home country.
6 - Japan conquers NEI.
7 - The Netherlands chooses no new home country, effectively surrendering.

If you can tell me what happened in terms of DOW and conquest, maybe I can figure out where the program got confused.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Ingtar

Post by Ingtar »

Actually, you pretty well nailed things in 1 through 4. It has been so long, I am not sure, but I believe I chose a different location for the Dutch new home country, but 5 is possible. Then I guess the surrender of NEI happened. I will look when I get home to see if I have the save game still. I got the impression it was a known bug, so may not have kept it.

Actually, now that I think about it, Japan declared war, but I am not sure Germany did. Germany did, however, occupy the Netherlands as the Japanese declaration of war allowed this.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

What is strange about this game is that The Netherlands, NEI, and Dutch Guyana have all been conquered - by Germany. It is not clear to me how Germany conquered Dutch Guyana; mostly by the Netherlands Surrendering it instead of taking it as a new home country.
Could also have happened if the Netherlands aligned with France and they all went Vichy when France was Vichied, and then Germany awarded them to itself. Mind you in that case it would be much wiser to give both Dutch Guyana and the NEI (especially the NEI !) to Japan.
Paul
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

Don't worry about this any more. I was able to modify the code so if the NEI oil is controlled by a conquering major power, then that major power gets the oil (assuming a partisan isn't occupying the hex).

The NEI oil rules have been some of the more difficult aspects of the game to code [:@] - they are exceptions to all the standard rules about trade agreements.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”