Losing Generals to own troops during pirate-facility attack

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

TrooperCooper

Losing Generals to own troops during pirate-facility attack

Post by TrooperCooper »

1.) Attacked pirate facilities on one of my colonies (hidden base or whatever).

2.) Realized I had a couple generals on board of a troop transport in the same system. So I transferred them to the colony while the battle was already going on.

3.) When the transfer was completed, the generals appeared in the battle on the wrong side, giving the pirates their respective bonuses and they got killed once my overwhelming troops won the battle.

This is with 19013 version. I would upload a savegame, but the action is already over and I didnt save beforehand.
OzoneGrif_slith

RE: Losing Generals to own troops during pirate-facility attack

Post by OzoneGrif_slith »

I can confirm that bug, I lost a battle because of it.

Troop generals are placed correctly at the beginning of the battle, but if you add them during the attack, they will side with the pirates.
CyclopsSlayer

Post by CyclopsSlayer »

Hate that one, seen it or the like too many times. Win the Battle, and yet all my troops and leaders died with the pirates.
OzoneGrif_slith

It looks like I was actually *lucky* to lose the battle.
Because my troop general wasn't killed (since he sided with the pirates). ;)

But yes it's game breaking in some situations. For exemple when it occurs on your capital, ambassadors from other civ come and go. And when they come, they side with the pirates of course.
FireLion1983

Post by FireLion1983 »

Question; does this happen every time or is it a very rare occurrence? In other words, should I actively avoid doing this in any situation?
OzoneGrif_slith

From what I seen, it happens all the time when you attack a pirate facility on your planets.

Just do not add generals once the battle is started.
FireLion1983

Post by FireLion1983 »

Thanks!
johanwanderer

Post by johanwanderer »

Basically, anything you add to the planet after the battle started belongs to the attacking side. It makes for some hillarious (or rather, frustrating) scenarios, especially if you queue the order up in advance, and someone else initiated the attacks before your troops get there. So, the rule is to send things to the planet's orbit first. Look both ways, and then initiate the attack or transfer.

As a pirate, it's very frustrating to see the planet attacking your bases, and there is nothing you can do to help, even though you have tons of troops (or raiders) orbiting said planet. It's probably the same way if your planet is being invaded, and you try to land troops to help. Then again, I haven't done that in a long time, so I can't be sure if it works like that or not.

Return to “Tech Support”