THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Schanilec

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Schanilec »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Hory crap! What a game last night! [X(]

Some of the most riveting television I've watched in a long time. 6 goals in the first quarter alone! The final 2 minutes of the first and third quarters were brutal for the Gophers.

Hats off to a very promising underdog squad of Union for a game incredibly well played. How they've managed to put together a world-class NCAA men's hockey squad with a student body of only 2300 or so is nothing short of miraculous.

I'm glad that I didn't hear back from NoDak about acceptance of my bet too! I'd have lost that for sure. [:'(] Thanks for letting me keep my money, Schani! I'll toast your health with a glass of Johnny Walker Black the next time I have some.
Quite the game. I headed out early on Friday to get a hair cut. I will also hoist a glass the time I get some Black Label. Err, first quarter? Student body of 2,200, I hope Sid Hartman tossed and turned all weekend.[:D]
We'll meet again next season. I'm not sure but I think we go to Minneapolis for a non-conference series.
This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.
Symon

Post by Symon »

ORIGINAL: USS America
Sooooo cool that you are wearing Des's cap, John! Post a pic of it for us, will you? I miss that crazy freaking Kiwi! [:D]
Hi Mike. I miss him too. Here's the cap. Might be a little hard make out a couple of letters. It says Ngati Tumatauenga.

Attachments
Hat.jpg
Hat.jpg (71.75 KiB) Viewed 86 times
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
Grollub

Post by Grollub »

Tithe.

Good afternoon friends.
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
Grollub

Post by Grollub »

ORIGINAL: Symon

Speaking of RIP, I found the note that Des pinned to the hat he sent me. He worte it two months before he passed beyond. I'm still in touch with his son and let him know the wonderful things his cap does over here (when it happens [8D]). Just thought ya'll might like to see one of Des' last notes. God bless and keep him. A true friend and one of the best of people.

Thanks for posting John.

Missing Des.
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

Rioting in Grand Forks after last nights loss also got ugly. It is being reported that over at Buffalo Wild Wings that after the game someone was heard to have said "Aw Jeez.".[X(]

OMG, Marc, that is exactly how I remember everyone in MN! So freaking nice, they are afraid to say, "Gosh" for fear someone might be offended! [:D][:D][:D]

Yer right. Emphasis on the passive in passive-aggressive around these parts. That's why they need some non-natives to get them riled up good. Stir up the locals and bring a nice blood rage back in style. BANZAI!!! [:D]
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Some of the most riveting television I've watched in a long time. 6 goals in the first quarter alone! The final 2 minutes of the first and third quarters were brutal for the Gophers.

Hats off to a very promising underdog squad of Union for a game incredibly well played. How they've managed to put together a world-class NCAA men's hockey squad with a student body of only 2300 or so is nothing short of miraculous.

I'm glad that I didn't hear back from NoDak about acceptance of my bet too! I'd have lost that for sure. [:'(] Thanks for letting me keep my money, Schani! I'll toast your health with a glass of Johnny Walker Black the next time I have some.
Quite the game. I headed out early on Friday to get a hair cut. I will also hoist a glass the time I get some Black Label. Err, first quarter? Student body of 2,200, I hope Sid Hartman tossed and turned all weekend.[:D]
We'll meet again next season. I'm not sure but I think we go to Minneapolis for a non-conference series.

Heh...first period, of course. [:D]

Sid Hartman. Ha! [:D] I haven't been able to read his column for years.

Where will the frozen four be next year, Shani? Do they rotate around NCAA schools, is it some random draw?
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

Good Morning!
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

Rioting in Grand Forks after last nights loss also got ugly. It is being reported that over at Buffalo Wild Wings that after the game someone was heard to have said "Aw Jeez.".[X(]

OMG, Marc, that is exactly how I remember everyone in MN! So freaking nice, they are afraid to say, "Gosh" for fear someone might be offended! [:D][:D][:D]

Yer right. Emphasis on the passive in passive-aggressive around these parts. That's why they need some non-natives to get them riled up good. Stir up the locals and bring a nice blood rage back in style. BANZAI!!! [:D]

I did have an exception to the rule in mind as I was posting that, Andre. [:'(]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

Sooooo cool that you are wearing Des's cap, John! Post a pic of it for us, will you? I miss that crazy freaking Kiwi! [:D]
Hi Mike. I miss him too. Here's the cap. Might be a little hard make out a couple of letters. It says Ngati Tumatauenga.

Awesome! Thanks, John. [8D]
Mike

Symon

Post by Symon »

Here's Des' final resting place. Not sure exactly where the marker is, but it's on a hillside overlooking the lake. The Wallace home is where the dinky arrow points, right at the edge of Lismore Park. Ever seen anything more spectacular? Or a more peaceful place to be remembered in?

Attachments
Wanaka.jpg
Wanaka.jpg (90.18 KiB) Viewed 86 times
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Ever seen anything more spectacular? Or a more peaceful place to be remembered in?

Stunning. We should all be so fortunate.
Schanilec

Post by Schanilec »

Heh...first period, of course. [:D]

Sid Hartman. Ha! [:D] I haven't been able to read his column for years.

Where will the frozen four be next year, Shani? Do they rotate around NCAA schools, is it some random draw?
Not sure next years site has been picked. Seems like a coin toss. Providence, St. Louis, Detroit, Milwaukee, etc. I don't know how they pick where the Frozen Four is to be played. I know the seating must be at least 18,000. The NCAA raised it from 12,500 to 18,000 right after we built the 12,000 seat Ralph Engelstad Arena. Which can hold 12,500. I smell a rat. I think we'll get the World Junior Cup again. Boy did the Canuck's go on a bender the last time. They got stormed in and had nothing else to do.
Schanilec

Post by Schanilec »

Aw come on! I know it was 19F. this morning. It doesn't need to snow too. It's the middle of April for Christ's sakes. I should be making tee times.
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

I can think of worse places to rest in.  Memories are like starlight, they go on forever.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Aw come on! I know it was 19F. this morning. It doesn't need to snow too. It's the middle of April for Christ's sakes. I should be making tee times.

Got out with the kids biking yesterday afternoon. 39F and a 30 knot headwind made a short trip.

Schani-you can still make reservations for tee times. For July. [:'(]
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

Here's Des' final resting place. Not sure exactly where the marker is, but it's on a hillside overlooking the lake. The Wallace home is where the dinky arrow points, right at the edge of Lismore Park. Ever seen anything more spectacular? Or a more peaceful place to be remembered in?

If I ever get to NZ I will make it a point to visit this location. It is spectacular!
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

Hey, Schanilec,

Stop it already. A Freeze warning for tomorrow night... grr... have to cover all the plants we put in this weekend.
Schanilec

Post by Schanilec »

If the weather is going take us down, I taking everybody with me. Just might have to go get a bottle of Black Label and go down happy.[;)]
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

If the weather is going take us down, I taking everybody with me. Just might have to go get a bottle of Black Label and go down happy.[;)]

Not everybody. We "might" touch the upper 30's but that's it. [:'(]

Pool water temp is up to 67 before using the heater at all yet. [8D]
Mike

Dixie

Post by Dixie »

ORIGINAL: Dixie

On leave tithe [&o] Two whole weeks of not going to work [8D]

Sweet! Now maybe you can flip some of those turns you're so bloody behind on.

Er what turns? Have I lost a game somewhere? Do I owe you a turn? [&:][&:]
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig

Return to “The War Room”