Changelog: Patch V1.07.15

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Surtur

Changelog: Patch V1.07.15

Post by Surtur »

Together with the War in the East Deal of the Week, we also launch the long-awaited 1.07.15 update. This major update includes a number of important bug fixes and rule changes.

Get the patch here.

Changelog:

New Features and Rule Changes

1. Split Soviet Tank and Mechanized Corps retain their attached support units (one per brigade) like German regiments.

Bug Fixes

1. Fixed critical bug with combat values going below 0 (integer overflow) resulting in easiest capture of strongest hexes.
2. Fixed important bug with too small impact of FOW on combat values.
3. Hopefully fixed important bug with Corps Artillery Regiments being recognized as Corps units (which resulted in wrong support unit assignment besides other undesired effects).
4. Fixed bug with support units attached to fort units, divided German divisions and divided Soviet corps not getting any supplies.
5. Fixed bug in assignment of support unit to fort units (display corruption, assignment failed).
6. Fixed display bug with initial combat values going below 0 (integer overflow) - unfortunately this will cause display mismatch (x10) when looking at battles fought under old version.
7. Fixed display bug with dense terrain modifier being not included in initial combat values (as it was supposed to be since 1.7.12).
8. Normalized all unit size detection functions to work correctly for high command HQs (XXXXX), "Corps" (XXX), "Fortified Region" (X), split "Corps" (X), "Group" (III), "Legion" (III), "Fortified Zone" (II), and "Detachment" (II) units.

Oberst_Klink

RE: Changelog: Patch V1.07.15

Post by Oberst_Klink »

Bart,

did you check the short-link (http://bit.ly/1jEhOu2) about the patch? It simply opens your post in a new tab in the browser.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
SuluSea

Post by SuluSea »

Thanks for the work guys.

I'm getting a fatal error code from quick start

Fatal Error Code #801

Running the game through the regular game menu is fine though.

To see if I could get rid of it I did a fresh reinstall

Install game then patch 1.07.15

Thanks!

"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer
swkuh

Post by swkuh »

Is this information about what v 1.07.15 does, or a requirement to change installed v 1.07.15? I've had ".15" installed and see that on the screen when I play.
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Try running the exe file as an administrator.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

ORIGINAL: rrbill

Is this information about what v 1.07.15 does, or a requirement to change installed v 1.07.15? I've had ".15" installed and see that on the screen when I play.

If your version installed says 1.07.15 and the exe says 1.07.15 (both on lower right of main menu screen), then no need to do anything. This was the announcement that the public beta version is now the official version so those that wait for the official version should upgrade.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
swkuh

Post by swkuh »

All understanding comes after the fact. Thanks.
SuluSea

Post by SuluSea »

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

Try running the exe file as an administrator.

Works perfect running as administrator. [:)]

Thanks Joel!
"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

Does the AI still run away on turn one in almost any scenario? I stopped playing a year ago for this reason...
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
wosung

Post by wosung »

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

Does the AI still run away on turn one in almost any scenario? I stopped playing a year ago for this reason...

Started playing 1942-45 scen, Soviet side, normal setting, mud just arriving with Patch V1.07.15.

Still AI doesn't have any Schwerpunkt, like going for Stalingrad, the Caucasus, both or what not. Instead, 2 to 3 small operational attacks one after another with 2 to 3 Panzer divs plus some inf from different pts. of HG Mitte.
wosung
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

ORIGINAL: wosung

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

Started playing 1942-45 scen, Soviet side, normal setting, mud just arriving with Patch V1.07.15.

Still AI doesn't have any Schwerpunkt, like going for Stalingrad, the Caucasus, both or what not. Instead, 2 to 3 small operational attacks one after another with 2 to 3 Panzer divs plus some inf from different pts. of HG Mitte.

I meant to say defensive AI, but I also had the same experience as you vs. the Axis AI in '42. Such a shame that this can't be fixed. Even the decade old TOAW AI does a better job, at least for the first 12 months of most East Front scenarios.

When I played the scenario set in Hungary as the Sovs, the entire Axis army ran all the way to the west map edge - this was a few versions back though. Interested to hear if any fixes have been made.
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

There has been no AI strategy work done, although I think Dominik did tweak/fix some of the formulas the computer uses to determine what/where to attack to improve it's understanding of the tactical situation. This may have been several versions ago. As for running away, I think Gary felt that this was the best thing for the Soviets to do in 41 (anything else risks the not so smart AI getting taken advantage of). As for a Hungary scenario, which scenario are you talking about?
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

A warning for users of the german version:
The .15 installer installs the .08 update, does not even contain the most recent .exe file.

EDIT: In 2 out of 10 testcases I had the .15 installer fail to properly place updated files for unknown reasons. WitE was still on 1.07.08 after these failed attemts (Patch version installed by Lost Battles expansion). I can't reliably reproduce this error so I suggest you double-check the version shown in the game main menu on the bottom right.
English versions were not affected.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”