THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chickenboy

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

Mornin' youse guys!
Symon

Post by Symon »

We are hositing the Finn Nationals this weekend at Fairhope YC. Since I was a Finn Olympian, I get to ride on the committee boat. I'm wearing Des's cap. People are asking about it. I get to talk about it's significance. A lot of people don't know from Lunga Beach, or Savo Island. They don't know from whatever that Ngati Tumatauenga is Maori, and who the maori are. So I just drink my beer and sigh. I could say things, but I won't. They are missing a lot. Ciao. John
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
Grollub

Post by Grollub »

Good morning friends.
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

On leave tithe [&o] Two whole weeks of not going to work [8D]
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

Good Morning!
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

More information about the young man who's life was cut short this week (This is from the Middle Tennessee Council, BSA):

"It is with great sorrow I share with you information about a fallen member of our local Scout family: Clifton Braunwalder of Troop 538. By now you probably have heard about the accident involving Clifton on Interstate 24 Thursday. The arrangements for Clifton are as follows:

Visitation will be Monday, April 14th at St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church, 1601 North Tennessee Blvd, from 4:00-8:00 p.m., and Rosary at 8:00 p.m. The funeral will be Tuesday, April 15th at 10:00 a.m. at St. Rose.
Under the guidance of fellow Scout parents, the Trail of Tears will host a candlelight vigil Monday, April 14, at 7:30 p.m. at St. Rose. The ceremony will begin at 8:00 p.m. after everyone arrives, and we will dismiss by 8:10. We are inviting all volunteers, Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Venturers and Explorers to attend this vigil in support of the Braunwalder family. We lost Clifton amid his daily good turn, and this vigil is small gesture to recognize his echoing example.

If families from your unit plan to attend, please come dressed in full Class A field uniform, and let Ryan know by emailing him at rvaden@mtcbsa.org. You may also email Ryan for further details.

Please keep the Braunwalders, Troop 538 and St. Rose in your prayers."

My son and I will be there.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Dixie

Sweet! Now maybe you can flip some of those turns you're so bloody behind on.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Hory crap! What a game last night! [X(]

Some of the most riveting television I've watched in a long time. 6 goals in the first quarter alone! The final 2 minutes of the first and third quarters were brutal for the Gophers.

Hats off to a very promising underdog squad of Union for a game incredibly well played. How they've managed to put together a world-class NCAA men's hockey squad with a student body of only 2300 or so is nothing short of miraculous.

I'm glad that I didn't hear back from NoDak about acceptance of my bet too! I'd have lost that for sure. [:'(] Thanks for letting me keep my money, Schani! I'll toast your health with a glass of Johnny Walker Black the next time I have some.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

More information about the young man who's life was cut short this week (This is from the Middle Tennessee Council, BSA):

"It is with great sorrow I share with you information about a fallen member of our local Scout family: Clifton Braunwalder of Troop 538. By now you probably have heard about the accident involving Clifton on Interstate 24 Thursday. The arrangements for Clifton are as follows:

Visitation will be Monday, April 14th at St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church, 1601 North Tennessee Blvd, from 4:00-8:00 p.m., and Rosary at 8:00 p.m. The funeral will be Tuesday, April 15th at 10:00 a.m. at St. Rose.
Under the guidance of fellow Scout parents, the Trail of Tears will host a candlelight vigil Monday, April 14, at 7:30 p.m. at St. Rose. The ceremony will begin at 8:00 p.m. after everyone arrives, and we will dismiss by 8:10. We are inviting all volunteers, Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Venturers and Explorers to attend this vigil in support of the Braunwalder family. We lost Clifton amid his daily good turn, and this vigil is small gesture to recognize his echoing example.

If families from your unit plan to attend, please come dressed in full Class A field uniform, and let Ryan know by emailing him at rvaden@mtcbsa.org. You may also email Ryan for further details.

[:(] What else can be said? RIP.
Symon

Post by Symon »

Speaking of RIP, I found the note that Des pinned to the hat he sent me. He worte it two months before he passed beyond. I'm still in touch with his son and let him know the wonderful things his cap does over here (when it happens [8D]). Just thought ya'll might like to see one of Des' last notes. God bless and keep him. A true friend and one of the best of people.

Attachments
Hat.jpg
Hat.jpg (82.06 KiB) Viewed 107 times
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Symon

Speaking of RIP, I found the note that Des pinned to the hat he sent me. He worte it two months before he passed beyond. I'm still in touch with his son and let him know the wonderful things his cap does over here (when it happens [8D]). Just thought ya'll might like to see one of Des' last notes. God bless and keep him. A true friend and one of the best of people.

Good stuff, John. Thank you for sharing. Des was a good man.
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

That is great. Thanks John!
Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing this John!

I am still sad about Des passing away... [:(]

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: nashvillen

Very sad... [:(]

Leo "Apollo11"

USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

Rioting in Grand Forks after last nights loss also got ugly. It is being reported that over at Buffalo Wild Wings that after the game someone was heard to have said "Aw Jeez.".[X(]

OMG, Marc, that is exactly how I remember everyone in MN! So freaking nice, they are afraid to say, "Gosh" for fear someone might be offended! [:D][:D][:D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

We are hositing the Finn Nationals this weekend at Fairhope YC. Since I was a Finn Olympian, I get to ride on the committee boat. I'm wearing Des's cap. People are asking about it. I get to talk about it's significance. A lot of people don't know from Lunga Beach, or Savo Island. They don't know from whatever that Ngati Tumatauenga is Maori, and who the maori are. So I just drink my beer and sigh. I could say things, but I won't. They are missing a lot. Ciao. John

Sooooo cool that you are wearing Des's cap, John! Post a pic of it for us, will you? I miss that crazy freaking Kiwi! [:D]
Mike

USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: Dixie

Enjoy!
Mike

USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

What a guy! A true Thread Brother! [&o]

Thanks for sharing this, John. [:)]
Mike

USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

.... and with that, I will bid you all a Good Monday Morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]
Mike

Return to “The War Room”