Ship withdrawl question

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Numdydar

Ship withdrawl question

Post by Numdydar »

The manual on pg 139 says to withdraw a ship it has to be at an off-map base or a national home base. Is a national home base anywhere in Oz, mainland US, and/or India? I looked at some of the major base's screens, like SF and there is no indicator whether it is a 'national home base' or not. So how the hell do you know what is a national home base or not?

As an example, if a ship that needs to be withdrawn is in Seattle, will that be ok or does it need to be moved somewhere else? I assume that a US ship would need to be in a US port correct? Or could any nationality be withdrawn from any sides national home base (wherever they might be)?

So if a CW ship is in Seattle, it could be withdrawn from there? Or do I really need to sail the CW ship to a CW base.

This should not be this hard to figure out, but the manual is sadly lacking in this area. Thanks for any replies.
btd64

RE: Ship withdrawl question

Post by btd64 »

there are many post about this. I fact there was one last week. Probably a page or two down. But you can use columbo, sydney, Off map bases, any us west coast, I think auckland. Hope this helps. GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
dcpollay

Post by dcpollay »

In stock at least, I believe a base has to be a level nine port or a "national base." As the General pointed out, the national bases are Sydney and Columbo, and I have in mind it is San Francisco for the US. However, any of the large West Coast US bases will work if they are level nine. I found out the hard way that Pearl Harbor does NOT count!

Nationality does not matter. Your CW ship should withdraw just fine from Seattle.

As for off-map, I don't think it even has to be at a base, it can be en route as long as it is off the map.
"It's all according to how your boogaloo situation stands, you understand."

Formerly known as Colonel Mustard, before I got Slitherine Syndrome.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

ORIGINAL: General Patton

there are many post about this. I fact there was one last week. Probably a page or two down. But you can use columbo, sydney, Off map bases, any us west coast, I think auckland. Hope this helps. GP

Thanks I knew that. However, I was looking more for some indication of what was considered a 'national base' versus a 'non-national' one.

So if what Col. Mustard says is correct, then a national base is any mainland port in India/Oz/US/Ceylon that is lv 9+? So If I built up Victoria, Canada port from a lv 6 to a lv 9, then I could withdraw ships from there? Or does the base have to start the game at lv 9 or higher to count?
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

All answered in my post #1034 in this thread.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3077611&mpage=35&key=ship%2Cwithdrawal&#3164514

Alfred

Edit: my post corrects some of the inaccurate info provided in this thread.
Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

Numdydar -

Good question.

Alfred -

Your reply added to my notes.

Thank you, Gents.

Mac
LAV-25 2147
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

Outstanding Alfred. Thank you so much.

And now you know why I play Japan a lot [:)]
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

I haven't tested it lately, but at one time you could only use an on map port if the enemy (except subs) was more than 20 hexes away. So you couldn't withdraw if there was an enemy TF within that range, or any enemy bases or LCUs within that range.

That may have been changed.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Capt Hornblower

Post by Capt Hornblower »

Is there documentation of national home ports in WITP:AE, and if so, where? Or is this info given in the original WITP documentation?
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

Not that I could find. Hence my OP [:)]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”