missing a/c

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

MuguNiner

missing a/c

Post by MuguNiner »

Greetings,

I am missing some a/c. Haven't had a carrier sunk. Will the unit mend with time?

Attachments
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (99.18 KiB) Viewed 27 times
USMC 1976-80
KenchiSulla

RE: missing a/c

Post by KenchiSulla »

Which version of the game are you using?
AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
MuguNiner

Post by MuguNiner »

1.0.6.1108r9 Jan 21 2012 20:45:33
USMC 1976-80
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

hi MuguNiner,

I had a situation where a USN CVE got itself kamikazed, the majority of 2 airgroups were destroyed, but a /1 fragment from each made it a land base (in the Soviet Union!) The damaged planes repaired normally at the SU airbases & I was able to fly them to (well-supplied) bases in the Kuriles.

After a few days, the status of the parent changed from 'destroyed' to 'NN day(s)', & I could find the parents in the Reinforcement airgroups screen (off the Intel screen), to see where they'd arrive. Both were scheduled to come back in San Francisco, so I shipped the fragments there. Seems there's a randomizer to the amount of time req'd, IIRC the Fighter group arrived after 45 days, but the TBs needed 180 days (22 days to go).

I never saw either of the groups listed on the 'destroyed air groups' screen, so I didn't have to buy them back. Give the group a week or so to see if the parent's status changes in the fragment's 'Unit OOB' screen. The OOB screen will change from 'unknown' to blank, but it'll tell you the # of days, & you can check the 'reinforcement airgroup' screen to find their base of arrival.

I'm also using the betas. hth.
MuguNiner

Post by MuguNiner »

So, If I disband the group, will it come back in x number of days? I now believe that this group came from the Lex. I lost it a while back. I loaded a save from about 8 months of game time back and the issue existed at that time. It is the oldest save I have.

And while I have all of your attention, I would like to take a moment to thank all of you smart people out there that answer posted question! I read the posts on this forum and I am amazed with the brain power that congregates here! [&o]

Thanks for your contributions! This is a great game! [:)]

(I had a couple of IPA's tonight, but I still believe what I wrote).
USMC 1976-80
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

if it's been at least 8 months, then obviously the process I described above isn't gonna work.

I think your best option is to disband the fragment, & see what happens. Check the Reinforcing & Destroyed airgroups screens periodically, it might come back on its own, it might require a buy-back, or it might be gone forever.

You could possibly keep the fragment for use on a CVE, but my TB frag is unable to add pilots, planes or upgraded airframes. I imagine yours is similarly affected, it's not going to be v. useful if you keep it hanging around.

Post again after awhile, let me know what occurs!
MuguNiner

Post by MuguNiner »

Thanks, I did not see the group in the reinforcement schedule. I have disbanded it. I sent the pilots to the reserve and the planes went to a marine group. If I notice them showing back up I will let you know.
USMC 1976-80
btd64

Post by btd64 »

You may need to BUY it back with PP's. Look under Destroyed air groups. GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
MuguNiner

Post by MuguNiner »

ok, thanks. It took me a while, I found the destroyed air groups, spent the 90 pps, and it will return in 30 to 180 days, somewhere in the us of a.

thanks all
USMC 1976-80

Return to “The War Room”