Turd is still being polished?

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Dabrion

Turd is still being polished?

Post by Dabrion »

Not seeing much progress here.. anyone playing WiF yet? Did the reiteration for NetPlay converge to the insight that a more-than-two-player mode is needed to make this WiF? How is progress on that anyways? Why are my supply issues not addressed in the last patch? Wasn't that promised?

Keep polishing..
over
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov
AxelNL

Berlin Droppings

Post by AxelNL »

Dear Neutral-Evil Dabrion, the supply release is being done as we speak. Almost all of my own list is done as of yesterday - but I need to confirm that by testing those in the next alpha.

Could you post your supply issues, or links to them, preferably supported by savegames, in the tech forum please. I think they are in the area where I am testing the most and I am willing to check them for you in the next alpha as well. I am offering you friendly support in reply to this post about turd droppings. I am willing to do that for your positive contribution in the Khaki in Flames project, not for how you try to get attention to your emotions here.
Klydon

RE: Turd is still being polished?

Post by Klydon »

Why you haven't been banned from here, I don't know, but if this is all you got, just go away and take Cruss with you.

Straight up troll thread.
michaelbaldur

Post by michaelbaldur »

ORIGINAL: Klydon

Why you haven't been banned from here, I don't know, but if this is all you got, just go away and take Cruss with you.

there is nothing in his post that justify your post.

he is entitle to his opinion.

so it is only you that is out of line
the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com
michaelbaldur

Post by michaelbaldur »

ORIGINAL: Dabrion

Not seeing much progress here.. anyone playing WiF yet? Did the reiteration for NetPlay converge to the insight that a more-than-two-player mode is needed to make this WiF? How is progress on that anyways? Why are my supply issues not addressed in the last patch? Wasn't that promised?

Keep polishing..
over

I have been playing MWIF for years. off cause I not a customer, so I just play around the bugs.

I don´t play net-play, I´m a solitaire Mwif expert.

from my point of view the solitaire part of the game is very playable, the bugs are really minor or cosmetic.

and for the progress, we are not allowed to give prediction on a dead line. and it is really hard to give a good prediction.
the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com
Ubercat

Post by Ubercat »

Don't worry. No one has forgotten that Dabrion is sad. [:(]
"I’m not convinced that faith can move mountains, but I’ve seen what it can do to skyscrapers." -William H. Gascoyne
Ubercat

Post by Ubercat »

ORIGINAL: michaelbaldur

Yes Klydon, you are out of line. Go away and take your opinion with you. You're not entitled to it. [:D]
"I’m not convinced that faith can move mountains, but I’ve seen what it can do to skyscrapers." -William H. Gascoyne
Walker84

Post by Walker84 »

ORIGINAL: Ubercat

ORIGINAL: michaelbaldur

Yes Klydon, you are out of line. Go away and take your opinion with you. You're not entitled to it. [:D]

Although people are entitled to their opinion, I would certainly take issue with the title of Dabrion's thread which is clearly intended to be inflammatory and so it has proven to be.

I play this game in solitaire mode and have rarely experienced issues. Any problems encountered have been resolved quickly by going back to one of numerous save points (usually I have gone back because I forgot to do something rather than due to a bug or crash). Based on my experience of solitaire gameplay, I would certainly not describe this game as a t*rd and in fact have found it to be a rich, challenging and enjoyable simulation with no real direct whole WW2 strategy equivalent elsewhere in the computer gaming world.

Complaints may be focussed on the current instability of netplay and the continued lack of a playable AI but I, for one, am far happier that the game was released in its current form rather than being held up in development for a further extended time period so that no one could get their hands on it in any playable form.

Go on, Dabrion, I challenge you to tell us what you might have enjoyed about playing WIF so far, or are you simply going to be negative about the whole experience on principle?
The most advanced nations are always those who navigate the most -
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 -1882)
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

Keep polishing..
over

I can't imagine that anyone would have given you a polite answer after this piece of "Scheisse" you produced. Apparently, there are still people around who have some patience with you...

You may be entitled to your opinion, but to put it in the forums the way you have done, says more about you than about MWIF. I pity you...
Peter
joshuamnave

Post by joshuamnave »

I y'all think he's a troll, then quit feeding him! Internet 101: What a troll wants is attention. The easiest way to make a troll go away is to ignore him. The surest way to keep a troll around is to take his bait.

As always, I agree with his assessment (to some degree) but wish he would be less inflammatory about it, since his posts just put people on the defensive and never lead to substantive discussion about the problems.

Sure, it's probably the richest deepest turn based global scale WW2 strategy game on the market. But I find myself playing it less and less each week because the underlying structural flaws make it more frustrating than it's worth. The new focused approach that was intended to give us more confidence has, from my perspective, had as its only measurable impact a drastic reduction in the frequency of patches. And in fact the only patch released in the last month contained what I considered to be relatively minor bug fixes. So I continue to share his frustration.

But I wouldn't say it's polishing a turd. That implies that the game itself is a turd and that the patches are just coating it with polish. In my eyes, it's the other way around - it's scraping the turd off of a gem.
Head Geek in Charge at politigeek.net - the intersection of politics and all things geeky
AxelNL

Berlin droppings

Post by AxelNL »

+1

and for the release I do have hopes you will like the coming supply release. One downside last 6 weeks was that Steve did not have the normal amount of time available. As soon as the new public beta is posted I hope you can give it a shake-out on supply issues. I think we have all "triangle" bugs fixed, but an extra pair of eyes might be able to find that last one we might have missed.
Centuur

RE: Berlin droppings

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: AxelNL

+1

and for the release I do have hopes you will like the coming supply release. One downside last 6 weeks was that Steve did not have the normal amount of time available. As soon as the new public beta is posted I hope you can give it a shake-out on supply issues. I think we have all "triangle" bugs fixed, but an extra pair of eyes might be able to find that last one we might have missed.

But it might still be a week or more before that release is going to be finished. Supply bug hunting isn't easy...
Peter
Klydon

Post by Klydon »

Keep polishing..
over

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI
WarHunter

Post by WarHunter »

The Lion poo wins! [:D]
“We never felt like we were losing until we were actually dead.”
Marcus Luttrell

Return to “World in Flames”