A few questions

Gary Grigsby’s World at War is back with a whole new set of features. World at War: A World Divided still gives complete control over the production, research and military strategy for your side, but in this new updated version you’ll also be able to bring spies into the mix as well as neutral country diplomacy, variable political events and much more. Perhaps the largest item is the ability to play a special Soviet vs. Allies scenario that occurs after the end of World War II.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

sanderz

A few questions

Post by sanderz »

Hi

Picked up htis game in the sale and must say i am impressed - having fun!

However, a few questions:

1) COMBAT REPORTS
Do they work? Only a few turns ago i noticed nothing turned up when i lost Lenningrad back to the Russians, and this turn they have captured another province but still nothing in the combat report - i do see stuff in there at times so i know its not totally broken.

2) AIR WAR
a) Am i right in thinking that if i completely bomb the rail that i don't get the negative combat modifier, but even if there is only 1 damaged rail i get the -2
b) To stop (or hinder) enemies retrating should i be bombing the rail in the area they are in or the rail in the areas they might retreat to?

3) PRODUCTION
a) Is it right that Italy can ONLY build militia and para i.e. no tanks or air units?
b) Is it right that captured areas can only produce research and supplies?

4) DIPLOMACY
Is there any way to influence when, say, Finland join the war with the Axis - it all appears automatic, which is fine but just want to make sure i am not missing anything.

many thanks
sanderz

RE: A few questions

Post by sanderz »

another question on Supply

apart from a small (-1) modifier there seems to be no other effect?

am not sure that surrounding an area even has much use? can't the surrounded area still produce supplies if it has a resource point

are encirclements and easy destruction even possible?

any advice on how to best pocket and destroy the enemy would be much appreciated

many thanks
rjh1971

RE: A few questions

Post by rjh1971 »

ORIGINAL: sanderz

another question on Supply

apart from a small (-1) modifier there seems to be no other effect?

am not sure that surrounding an area even has much use? can't the surrounded area still produce supplies if it has a resource point

are encirclements and easy destruction even possible?

any advice on how to best pocket and destroy the enemy would be much appreciated

many thanks

Surrounding an area prevents the surrounded enemy from receiving supplies, unless they have supplies in stock they won't be able to move thus cannot help a liberating force in breaking the pocket. If they have no supplies at all they get negative modifiers. If they are attacked and lose the surviving units cannot retreat and will surrender. Strategic bombers can airlift supplies.

Encircling areas at the start of Barbarossa is a good strategy, they can be mop in the next turn.
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided”