Can I run in Windowed mode ?

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Bestor

Can I run in Windowed mode ?

Post by Bestor »

Hi I have an issue with Dw, the problem is, my computers native resolution is 5040x1050 when ever I run distant worlds it loads up across all 3 monitors at this resolution,

Now I wouldn't normally have an issue with this however the game background flickers, I cant see the whole galaxy and other visual bugs happen at this res, the game just don't like it.

I have tried to edit the startup.ini and set the screen height and width manually to 1680x1050 (the max res of one of my monitors) but when i run the game it insists on launching on all 3 monitors, right now its totally unplayable.

Is there a way i can run in a Window? i cant see any resolution or windowed options in the settings and i cant seem to get the edited .ini to work.

can anyone help?
Darkspire

RE: Can I run in Windowed mode ?

Post by Darkspire »

Would be it not be a lot easier to just configure it from your GFX card utility so that DW boots up on the main monitor only? I know I can set a single display on my Nvidia card for a game, should be the same for other cards?

Darkspire
Bestor

RE: Can I run in Windowed mode ?

Post by Bestor »

sorry for the slow response, not had much game time recently, yeah I tried changing it in nvidia control panel to disallow the dw exe from using multiple display's, unfortunately it made no difference, ill keep messing with it right now I'm kinda addicted to space engineers anyhow, thx for the suggestion

Return to “Tech Support”