Me & Commander The Great War?

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

kirk23

Me & Commander The Great War?

Post by kirk23 »

I think its time I said some thing,about how I first got involved officially with the game,I'm sure most of you guys are aware, that I had been modding the game here on the forum,well the powers that be seen this,and asked if I would be interested in assisting the games development.Well I accepted this offer,as previously I had done a huge amount of modding for the game WAR PLAN ORANGE,I spent a couple of years at least,doing this for the love of the game.It might surprise you all to know, that I'm also doing all this stuff,for COMMANDER THE GREAT WAR for free!Since September everything I have done for the game,cost the game nothing,because I never got involved to line my own pocket,I got involved to help the game improve,I bought a copy of the game,just as you did.[;)]
Make it so!
Rasputitsa

RE: Me & Commander The Great War?

Post by Rasputitsa »

As someone who has watched your work on WPO and now again for CTGW, it is both very impressive and much appreciated. [:)]
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
Connfire

Post by Connfire »

Kirk's patience, and willingness to share his talents have improved both WPO and CTGW beyond words. I know you never got the respect you deserved from the WPO developers for keeping their game alive for so much longer then they anticipated. I think the situation is a bit different as far as CTGW is concerned but considering how much you are doing for so little, as a player you have my most sincere thanks and gratitude.
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: kirk23

I think its time I said something,about how I first got involved officially with the game,I'm sure most of you guys are aware, that I had been modding the game here on the forum,well the powers that be seen this,and asked if I would be interested in assisting the games development.Well I accepted this offer,as previously I had done a huge amount of modding for the game WAR PLAN ORANGE,I spent a couple of years at least,doing this for the love of the game.It might surprise you all to know, that I'm also doing all this stuff,for COMMANDER THE GREAT WAR for free!Since September everything I have done for the game,cost the game nothing,because I never got involved to line my own pocket,I got involved to help the game improve,I bought a copy of the game,just as you did.[;)]

Kirk,

This is how I appreciate what you do: pm or email your address so I can send you a check, to help with expenses.

Good Job, Bob[;)]
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: Rasputitsa

As someone who has watched your work on WPO and now again for CTGW, it is both very impressive and much appreciated. [:)]

Thank you! By the way I still have things planned for WPO,I'm not finished with it just yet.[;)]
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: Connfire

Kirk's patience, and willingness to share his talents have improved both WPO and CTGW beyond words. I know you never got the respect you deserved from the WPO developers for keeping their game alive for so much longer then they anticipated. I think the situation is a bit different as far as CTGW is concerned but considering how much you are doing for so little, as a player you have my most sincere thanks and gratitude.

Hi Rob,Out of everyone I know here on the Matrix forums,you have been there with me all the way,as you know I have still things to do for WAR PLAN ORANGE,so that is still very much a work in progress,as is COMMANDER THE GREAT WAR,this game still has a way to go,before it can be said that it has gone as far as it can.[:)]
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: operating

I think its time I said something,about how I first got involved officially with the game,I'm sure most of you guys are aware, that I had been modding the game here on the forum,well the powers that be seen this,and asked if I would be interested in assisting the games development.Well I accepted this offer,as previously I had done a huge amount of modding for the game WAR PLAN ORANGE,I spent a couple of years at least,doing this for the love of the game.It might surprise you all to know, that I'm also doing all this stuff,for COMMANDER THE GREAT WAR for free!Since September everything I have done for the game,cost the game nothing,because I never got involved to line my own pocket,I got involved to help the game improve,I bought a copy of the game,just as you did.[;)]

Kirk,

This is how I appreciate what you do: pm or email your address so I can send you a check, to help with expenses.

Good Job, Bob[;)]

Hi Bob,thank you for the kind offer,but as I said previously I'm not in it for the money or lack of it,I want to help the game be all it can be,and it still has a bit to go,before it reaches its zenith![:)]
Make it so!
Rodwonder

Post by Rodwonder »

That's just cool [8D] Thanks for all the work you do!
Rod T DeMore
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Kirk,

Good Job, Bob[;)]

Hi Bob,thank you for the kind offer,but as I said previously I'm not in it for the money or lack of it,I want to help the game be all it can be,and it still has a bit to go,before it reaches its zenith![:)]
warspite1

Operating, can you send me that cheque instead then? [;)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
operating

Post by operating »

Hi Warspite,

Have not seen this kind of interaction between members and someone who has a say in game development since Norb Timpko and the Norbsoftdev staff with Gettysburg (Mad Minute games, later called Scourge of War). Like here, different staff personal chimed in on member's posts, but there was always one staff member who would be on a daily basis dealing with issues, suggestions, comments and all in between stuff on the forum. What this does; is gives the whole gaming experience "depth", not a corporate void of unknowns, where a member would die/languish to get an answer to. To me, what Kirk does is "priceless", and to hear or see that what he does is for gratis, I find astounding! That is why I offer support.

All the best regards to you (no check), Bob
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Hi Warspite,

Have not seen this kind of interaction between members and someone who has a say in game development since Norb Timpko and the Norbsoftdev staff with Gettysburg (Mad Minute games, later called Scourge of War). Like here, different staff personal chimed in on member's posts, but there was always one staff member who would be on a daily basis dealing with issues, suggestions, comments and all in between stuff on the forum. What this does; is gives the whole gaming experience "depth", not a corporate void of unknowns, where a member would die/languish to get an answer to. To me, what Kirk does is "priceless", and to hear or see that what he does is for gratis, I find astounding! That is why I offer support.

Thanks for the support guys![&o]

If what I do for game improves it,then I'm happy,I will be doing what I set out to do,and that is make the game better for all.[:D]
Make it so!
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Hi Warspite,

warspite1

Well, he wasn't very nice was he boys and girls?....
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Hi Warspite,

warspite1

Well, he wasn't very nice was he boys and girls?....
Santa Claus I am not, but I do reward those who do a good job. In your case, I am out of lollipops.[:D]

Return to “Commander - The Great War”