RR Repair Unit

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Choles1

RR Repair Unit

Post by Choles1 »

A first...one of my RR Repair Units has only two attached repair units. Thus, it will not repair rail lines. Anyone know why this might be the case and how I can attach additional repair units to it?
gingerbread

RE: RR Repair Unit

Post by gingerbread »

How did this come to happen? You can detach construction units from an RR-Rep, but you cannot (re-)attach.

Even with only 2 attached units, it should generate some RRV points.
Choles1

Post by Choles1 »

No, nothing. I have even tried leaving it on a supplied hex thinking it might be a supply issue...nope. Not seen this before.
gingerbread

Post by gingerbread »

Which unit in which scenario?
Choles1

Post by Choles1 »

FBD 3, part of AGC.
gingerbread

Post by gingerbread »

FBD 3 looks looks this when I start the '41 CG.

Have you got any saves? Could you check when it first had only two attached SU?

Attachments
FBD3.jpg
FBD3.jpg (103.2 KiB) Viewed 62 times
Choles1

Post by Choles1 »

The unit changed between Turns 2 and 3, going from 7 support construction battalions to 2. Five of the sub-units (11 OT, 13 OT, VI RAD, VII RAD and VIII RAD) were pulled out of the FBD unit and are now on the map as involuntary RR repair battalions, thus stripping the FBD unit down to 2 remaining construction support battalions. I have never seen this before and wonder if it might be a bug?
BJP III

Post by BJP III »

Did it get displaced by enemy contact?
gingerbread

Post by gingerbread »

Hm, that's not supposed to happen, as you correctly assumed.

Please start a thread in the bug forum, where large .zip attachments are allowed, and attach a package with AxT2, SoT2 & AxT3, if you have them.
Choles1

Post by Choles1 »

Thanks..will do.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: Choles1

Thanks..will do.
Just curious... which version, 1.7.11.exe and the 1.7.15 beta or a more previous version? Alas, I never noticed up until your post that yeah, one can't re-assign construction units back to the FDB RR units. That I do not know why it is 'forbidden' or disabled.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
gingerbread

Post by gingerbread »

The prohibition to attach SU to FBD's is buried in 14.2.2.4. REPAIR ELIGIBILITY AND RRV, 2nd par. Not the obvious place to look for it.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”