Moving Troops

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

claystone_MatrixForum

Moving Troops

Post by claystone_MatrixForum »

I'm a little confused why some troops can't move to their required "Hex" movement.

ie: I'm playing the Ardennes 1944 battle. I have my German 5. PZ ARMEE Art, Volkswerfer Rgt. In the Unit report it says, my unit can move 7/7 Hexs, but yet when i try to move the unit he is limited in the direction he can move even with noone around him. Its only in certain areas he can move. Also when i do find a place he can move to its not the full 7 Hex. Why is that? Why does the game limit my movement? I like to be able to move in any directions, but it seems i'm limited. Is it the terrain?

Thanks for any help.
governato

RE: Moving Troops

Post by governato »

major rivers?
shunwick

Post by shunwick »

Claystone,

The display does not show you how many hexes you can move. It shows you how many movement points you have. The movement arrows will show you how many movement points you will use to pass through any hex. Terrain and enemy zone of control will effect movement.

Best wishes,
Steve
I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: claystone

I'm a little confused why some troops can't move to their required "Hex" movement.

ie: I'm playing the Ardennes 1944 battle. I have my German 5. PZ ARMEE Art, Volkswerfer Rgt. In the Unit report it says, my unit can move 7/7 Hexs, but yet when i try to move the unit he is limited in the direction he can move even with noone around him. Its only in certain areas he can move. Also when i do find a place he can move to its not the full 7 Hex. Why is that? Why does the game limit my movement? I like to be able to move in any directions, but it seems i'm limited. Is it the terrain?

Thanks for any help.
I can recommend my tutorial slides that give you all the info at glance.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/562 ... torial.zip

Klink, Oberst

Attachments
Tutorial_1Medium.jpg
Tutorial_1Medium.jpg (119.92 KiB) Viewed 42 times
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”