Help with Green Tide [Potential Spoiler}

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Chicharito19

Help with Green Tide [Potential Spoiler}

Post by Chicharito19 »

Hi all,

Yes, I know I'm new to all the wargaming and specifically to Naval Combat. But I've been trying Green Tide and keep getting defeated by a missile getting through and taking out "valuable assets".

I'm not sure of any naval or tactical strategy to take out the numerous Morrocan fighter/bombers. I've setup CAP's to no avail because eventually I'm overwhelmed by a seemingly constant stream of enemy fighter/bombers and can't keep my CAPs up forever.

Not to mention the hit rate of the Sparrows is pretty low. [:)][:)][:)] Jamming is horrendous.

I like the mission, but can't seem to win. Its embarrassing.[:o][:o][:o]

Any help to teach me sound strategies will be greatly appreciated.
Flankerk

RE: Help with Green Tide [Potential Spoiler}

Post by Flankerk »

If I recall correctly you are best off tracking down and killing off those jammers.
The ships provide some useful AAW cover.
I think on my play through I moved back many of the aircraft to the Southern Base.
Sparrows will occasionally get through and you don't necessarily want to fire them off, then RTB, the Infra Red AAM's are useful.

"Alas poor Yorick,I knew him Horatio"

#1 Quote of the Harpoon Community.
Chicharito19

RE: Help with Green Tide [Potential Spoiler}

Post by Chicharito19 »

Yeah last night I changed my tactics and seem to be doing better. I've tried to engage the jammer as well. That's tough as they seem to have to use guns.

Yes I agree, the fighters are not using their heat seekers. So I've tried to keep them on board to go completely Winchester before allowing them back to base by changing their ROE and Doctrine.

Thanx for your response and your suggestions.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”