1.09 editor beta error looking for 'art' [solved]

Post new mods and scenarios here.
laska2k8

1.09 editor beta error looking for 'art' [solved]

Post by laska2k8 »

the workflow

- designed a new counter bmp 'test01.tga', stored in my custom folder 'laska2k4/art/counters'
- added this line in sprites.csv
159,Laska2k4/art/counters/test1.tga,,,,,,test 01
- added the correct entry in units.csv
- started the game, then editor
shows the error 'can't find file art//Laska2k4/art/counters/test1.tga'

Obviously coping the whole laska2k4 folder into the art folder in the main install dir all works fine
"Sa vida pro sa Patria"
usgrandprix

RE: 1.09 editor beta error looking for 'art'

Post by usgrandprix »

Maybe don't have the exact word "art" in the custom folder custom folder 'laska2k4/art/counters' and this line:

159,Laska2k4/art/counters/test1.tga,,,,,,test 01

I noticed it says it starts reading from art so maybe actually having it in the path also is what's messing it up?

And I know there's a .dat you have to update at some point.

These are just guesses as I've not tried it yet.
laska2k8

Post by laska2k8 »

I tried lot of combinations, but it seems that 'art' is the suffix for the filepath
"Sa vida pro sa Patria"
jonj01

Post by jonj01 »

Laska,

These are the steps AS I UNDERSTAND THEM (this doesn't mean what i write here is correct)

Step1) Open module.dat
Step2) Type in "laska2k4" in the line below "Custom" in the module.dat file.(save)
Step 3) Take all your *.csv files from "Custom" put them in "laska2k4"

that is all you have to do to make all your changes in units, nations, sprites, and terrain.

The path in the sprite.csv for each sprite will be counters\*.bmp or counters\*.tga.
The units will still take the data from the sprite.csv for what the counters look like and will take the data from the nation.csv for which nation the unit belongs.

there is really no reason to put all your maps and new counters and all that stuff in your "laska2k4" folder.

You can if you want..but right now I still have all the maps and counters art in the art folder and subfolders. I have the scenarios in the maps folder. And I have a backup of the *.csv files in a "eastfront" folder.
I'm not making west front or modern day scenarios and all the nations I need are in the original game (SS, German, Russian, Partisan, Guard, and Axis Minor).

Time is short and I've already made several scenarios using the system as it is.

The guy from matrix doesn't understand one very important thing.

You cannot change a mpp file in your map for you scenario after you save that scenario once without risking losing map data(polygons and terrain)

The guy from matrix does not understand this. The map editor is leaky...and loses data when you change mpps (flipping,...changing the mpp).

The mpp system didn't work at all until 1.08.

I wouldn't mess with it, If I were you.

I would just put the *.csv files in your "laska2k4" folder and have the person who want to play your scenario put the rest in the art\counters, art\maps, and maps folder.

laska2k8

Post by laska2k8 »

well,

with the 1.09 you could put all your material in a single folder, so I did it and all my BMP, MPP and MAP reside on the 'laska2k4' and the updated the 'modules.dat'.
For the scenario (MAP) update the process is easy, just open the old scenario, change the ('map info') MPP files with the new ones copied in the custom dir and you don't loose nothing, the los and terrain info are still there.
Then save the new scenario in the root of your custom folder.

The only problem is the filepath in the sprites.csv as exposed in my first post.

"Sa vida pro sa Patria"
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

I haven't had a chance to check it yet but if it's forcing to the /art directory, what if you put in some ../ or ../../ before your path, to kinda force it back out? I'm not even sure that will expand correctly in windows but worth a shot considering the sort of lengthy turnaround on patches.

laska2k8

RE: 1.09 editor beta error looking for 'art' [solved]

Post by laska2k8 »

yes '../' just before the custom path works, thanks
"Sa vida pro sa Patria"
jonj01

RE: 1.09 editor beta error looking for 'art' [solved]

Post by jonj01 »

simply reloading the mpp files from the map info menu does not always work
there are many mpp files from the original game that are real problem makers.
open 03.mpp is an example.

reload that mpp and many others after you have saved a scenario and you will have problems.
it worked for you because all your scenarios use the mpp files, you made.
i've never had problems with your mpp files.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”