Game Ideas

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

ChadS

Game Ideas

Post by ChadS »

Hello,

I'm looking for a strategic war game that covers WWII at a level slightly less intimidating that War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition. Any suggestions?

I like WitP:AE, but it takes a lot of concentration. I'd be interested in something based on the European theater, though that's not a requirement. WWII isn't a firm requirement, either-WWI, Korea, American Civil War, Napoleonics would probably work nicely, as well. I'd prefer historical over fantasy/fictional.

Thanks in advance.
Chad S.
cpdeyoung

RE: Game Ideas

Post by cpdeyoung »

Advanced Tactics Gold is a versatile game, and I am enjoying some multiplayer WW2 scenarios. The scenario is user designed, and a work of art.

tm.asp?m=3568263

This is our AAR, see if it appeals. There are others for GD1938 to look at too.

Chuck
Jonathan Pollard

Post by Jonathan Pollard »

You can see some of the other scenarios that are available for the ATG game made by users at the Scenario Bank. These are in addition to the scenarios that come with the game.

http://www.advancedtactics.org/scenariobank.php
Neilster

Post by Neilster »

Have a look at World in Flames but be warned....it has bugs and as yet has no AI, amongst other things.

It's a faithful adaptation of a proven and brilliant boardgame though, and when finished will be a fantastic game. It's a corps/divisional level simulation of WW2, with pretty much anything you can think of from that conflict modelled. You control production, strategy, operational decisions and grand tactics.

It's a subtle game with heaps of depth but without the micromanagement of WiTP:AE

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/296 ... .In.Flames

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Well if you want a game with no AI try War in Europe by Decision games.
Favoritism is alive and well here.

Return to “General Discussion”