Game crashed

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
terje439

Game crashed

Post by terje439 »

Win 8.1.

Game crashed when trying to execute the turn. I hope the files attached are the ones requested.

...hostlog file...

Terje
Attachments
HostLog.txt
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 13 times
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
terje439

RE: Game crashed

Post by terje439 »

...mainlog file...
Attachments
Mainlog.txt
(90.15 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

Jtrillodmp

Post by Jtrillodmp »

I experience the same crashes issues and I haven't read yet any definitive solution in the forums.

I hope some day we will receive a solution because it is the only thing that I don't like from this great game.
«Para venir a Cartagena es necesario que el rey de Inglaterra construya otra escuadra mayor, porque ésta sólo ha quedado para conducir carbón de Irlanda a Londres" Blas de Lezo
terje439

Post by terje439 »

I also constantly crash when I zoom all the way out and move about on the main map, the message I get is that (taking this from very vague memory) that the game fails to load some sort of graphics file.

Terje

resconq

Post by resconq »

This game would be great if it wasn't for the instability. I can't make it past April 1862 without at least 2 crashes. And eventually the save game file becomes corrupted, and all the time I sank into the campaign is wasted. I tried resolving this through the Ageod tech support forum, and they were helpful, but their fix is a bandaid on the problem, which involves manipulating the save game log each time it crashes and becomes corrupted, and I don't have the patience to continually be toying with files.

This kind of problem really ought to be addressed, in patch form, for those of us who are experiencing this problem before the developers decide to make an expansion that consists of additional scenarios/campaigns. I have never experienced this sort of problem with any other games from Ageod. This continual bug has made the game unplayable for me, and I will not be purchasing any further games from them until this bug is fixed permanently.
Brooksie55

Post by Brooksie55 »

Since I have updated Blood Road South, the game has continually crashed after after hitting next turn. It saves the actions and moves but so frustrating.
Brooksie
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

win 8 problems is what I think!
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
matt.buttsworth

Post by matt.buttsworth »

I have win 7

It just crashed.
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

WERE is tech support? not see them posting much!
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

12:32:02 [Critical ] THost.GenerateTurnFiles Exception caught: Mémoire insuffisante 70

all that means to me is your system ran out of memory
Mémoire insuffisante = insufficient memory

better to post your system spec as well tbh, as thats the only error i can find in logs, so don't mean nothing to me apart from lack of memory, but if it was a windows systems error, could you post those as well?

code numbers are nice, as it give a address to go to, error code etc?

windows also logs errors, so post those if you want to and i'll try and explain them, then you will get better support / help if needed

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/wind ... =windows-7 for windows 7

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/wind ... =windows-7 for windows 8.1

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/wind ... =windows-7
freeing up more memory in windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/wind ... =windows-7

a good start guide for everyone,
h88p://www.registryrecycler.com/blog/2013/02/h ... un-faster/

my advice is either free up more memory, run as admin, check what you are also running while games running etc, as some stuff isn't needed when you play, and most don't need to be loaded every boot etc, but feel free to wait for a better answer

ps, edited it again, windows 8.1 has better memory support than any other o/s to date, but saying that, game minimum spec is 2gb of ram, most o/s need that alone so if you only have 2gb, then it will crawl, the more you have the better, 4 to 8gb now days is the norm, as long as you don't have too much junk loaded on startup, many things hog memory and resources so you don't get access to everything you have.

have posted many links to windows 8.1 as if you have a modern o/s, you tend to have a more modern pc as well and very few modern ones come with plenty of ram installed, and if you have too much stuff loaded at startup, just google it to free up more space, tbh windows 8.1 should do it for you, as long as you have enough to start with that is....

only saying mind you, could be wrong, wouldn't be the first or last time tbh.....

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
terje439

Post by terje439 »

16 gig ram and 2gig on the Gfx is not enough!?

zakblood

Post by zakblood »

no thats more than plenty, same as mine tbh, so what about rest of info asked?

screenshot of process running, at startup and background or list, windows log file, error code?

not enough info giving to make more than a shot in the dark reply tbh, support will ask for more, as i would, without it is guesswork.

tis either process running thats not fully compatible, ie anti virus or other program etc, or any other number of issues, error in windows, file missing bad drivers memory leak etc etc or combo of all of above, if a number of people all have the same error, then it could be game, as it's not, it points most of the time to somewhere else, and thats the problem..

but i'll leave you with support as you don't need my help
terje439

Post by terje439 »

Never said that, but I have long since uninstalled the game since it kept crashing.

Only things running was win 8.1, spotify, norton and CWII in terms of programs.
The system was brand new at the time, so registry should not be an issue.

And tbh several ppl have reported crashes...

*edit* oh. and the files I attached were the ones the devs actually asked for in another thread.

zakblood

Post by zakblood »

i apologize, you seen my post and replies and maybe took it the wrong way, was only trying to help, it's doesn't read great my reply tbh in re reading it, i'm not the greatest of writers tbh.

only better info often gives better replies as i was guessing, which tbh i shouldn't do as i'm not support on a member, but have done pc support for over 20 years now and only tried to help, but need to keep my nose out tbh.

if only several people report something not working, then for me it's not a game related bug, more likely an error elsewhere, if enough people came forward with the same error on the same or similar hardware and o/s - operating system etc, then you could narrow it down a bit, i'd go for background tasks or programs running to start with and work my way from there, a exe that crashes causes a CTD error code or log file to be made in windows, this will tell as much if not more than the log files asked for, well for me they would.

h88p://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_leak

run both CPU-Z & Prime 95 applications, and for me i use the asus suite of programs as the suite of tools help find thing to help diagnose program errors, either memory / cpu / HD etc, but there's others as well.

but if support here has asked for the above files only, then i'll leave this thread now and keep out of it, as only trying to help, but it seems failed as guessing on the info provided wasn't enough to give a more in depth answer, and that's what i'm sorry and apologize for.

i don't even own or have played the game :( so shouldn't really comment on it....

good luck and hope you get it sorted
terje439

Post by terje439 »

Thank you for your reply, tbh my guess is that this game simply cannot cope properly with my combined setup. Be it my Nvidia card or Win8.
Since the devs are completely absent, I have simply shelved this game with my other "done with this one"-games :)]

Terje

zakblood

Post by zakblood »

i don't own it as it's not my type of game played in the past but are getting into it, i'd test it for you and find a solution as thats what i like to do, sorry you're having trouble and i'm sure the DEV's or support will come along and look and ask for more info etc, shame to have shelved it as it looks good, been playing another as thats all i can say and now hooked on the type. give it another try and look for more errors with more updated drivers etc, or try some of those i have suggested etc and see if any help, i'll be around if you need any more help if it's needed or wanted etc and more than happy to help
terje439

Post by terje439 »

Thx [:)]

tferrell

Post by tferrell »

The game seems to default to running in Windows mode. I switched to full screen and that seemed to solve my game crashes...at least for now. I have played about 10 hours since switching the graphics option and haven't had any issues since.
Hope this helps....
morganbj

Post by morganbj »

Mine still crashes regardless of any windows or game setting. It crashed on Vista. It crashes on Win7 64, It crashes on Win8. It's just not stable enough to play. AGEOD doesn't seem to care.
Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: bjmorgan

Mine still crashes regardless of any windows or game setting. It crashed on Vista. It crashes on Win7 64, It crashes on Win8. It's just not stable enough to play. AGEOD doesn't seem to care.

Do you have the turn compression disabled?
Have you updated with the last beta patch?
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.p ... h-1-04-RC6

Return to “Tech Support”