PWHEXE

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

byron13

PWHEXE

Post by byron13 »

Well, piffle. Have a solo game running under Patch 6. I just reloaded AE, the first master mod, and patch 6 and have a PWHEXE.DAT file date October 18, 2009.
Unfortunately, the game I was playing now seems to be expecting another PWHEX file. I'm not sure if the game was started under an older or newer file. Anyone know of another file dated after October 2009 but before patch 7?
Oberst_Klink

RE: PWHEXE

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: byron13

Well, piffle. Have a solo game running under Patch 6. I just reloaded AE, the first master mod, and patch 6 and have a PWHEXE.DAT file date October 18, 2009.
Unfortunately, the game I was playing now seems to be expecting another PWHEX file. I'm not sure if the game was started under an older or newer file. Anyone know of another file dated after October 2009 but before patch 7?
Kamerad,

I suggest 2 separate installs, especially if you use the DaBabes or other mods; that prevents PWHEX.DAT and other errors.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Symon

Post by Symon »

ORIGINAL: byron13
The "Official" pwhexe file for stock games (stock map and no stacking limits) comes with the last "Official" Comprehensive Update v1108r9 available on the Matrix site. It is date coded 091018. So you have the right one if you are playing on an "Official" stock installation.

Pwhexe files can be swapped back and forth while games are in progess. The message you are getting is just an alert, saying something is different, do you want to continue? If you are playing on a stock map without stacking limits, just say okey dokey (click yes) and you are good to go. [;)]
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
byron13

Post by byron13 »

Thank you, and I am playing stock. It works as advertised in windowed mode. However, in full screen, I never get the chance to select okey dokey; instead the clock of indecision grinds away on the screen. No worries. I guess I'll just be playing in windowed mode. Lots of weird affects coming from the switches . . . .

Return to “Tech Support”