New JTCS terrain and unit style planned

Please post here for questions and discussion about general game modding

Moderator: Jason Petho

Dumnorix

New JTCS terrain and unit style planned

Post by Dumnorix »

With png support I give this engine a chance to a new improved level.
tm.asp?m=2945945&mpage=4

I have all the 3d units and I have an full possible 3d terrain set for an new JTCS. Now I need a programmer to do that dreams for the best WW2 / WW3 game ever !!!

Here are some quick unit examples taken from my 3d models as UP graphic output for JTCS in png file format:
PLA Main Tank ZTZ-99 (Type 99)
NVA SPW-70

But WW2 units are also all ready - more like the Vanilla JTCS !
Here are all my french units made for Panzer Corps:
tm.asp?m=3348600

ingame units:

new Modern Warfare Paratrooper animation - Woukd be nice to see an different animation and longer animation for every para unit typ - for now I am use only the 12 frames - but in doubled size. Would be nice to see also the tranport machine flying in the same wise like all other planes and a separate spring and landing animation with 12 frames addional to the flying animation. But 3 figures with different starting animtion frames beside looks very good to fly slowly on the ground!

In this wise I can produce all Modern Warfare units - and BTW also all WW2 units in 3 min per unit. I have them all in 3d for Poser - and BTW full animated ! It would be nice to see the Running feature as movement animation for all units and possible also as attack animation different for every unit. Possible also an special Wreck png in all 6 directions different for every unit. Thats what I call a new level for JTCS.

Unit info pictures would look like this one:

I don't know - but it looks like the new upcoming Modern Warfare used the old Vanilla Style 15 years old pixel units. It would be better to use high poly models.
And also a new terrain style looks more like 250 m per Hex. I show you some quick examples next !

Green3d Example pads (normal, broken, shrub, rough, swamp, beach, water) The normal terrain pads comes in engine hard coded 30 variants - all other basic terrain in 6 variants - but with an modified ecgine its possible to set 12 or 18 pads for every basic terrain.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

GreenTrees3d Example pad:
ImageImageImage
Forest Trees (North Europe terrain) split in engine hard coded 24 normal forest pads and addional 24 deep forest pads (Jungle add from Tro-Terrain), the 12 orchard pads and 12 plantage tree pads to set special tree pads. But with an modified engine its possible to add much more different tree pads. But normaly its enough to see beautiful forest regions.

GreenTrees3d (Deep forest)Example pad:
ImageImage

City (North-West-Europe) Example pad: Note its only a 1st preview without so much details - in an finished version are much more street lamps, trees, undergrounds, roads and ways etc include !
ImageImage
For urban structurs the hard coded pads aren't really sufficient to show WW2 or WW3 villages and citys. Here its possible to show special buildings for some citys like Berlin, Paris and Moskau, but with 18 or more pads for special buildings its possible to show much nore. Especially suburb, indutriell and villag pads need to expand to 18 or more.

Wheat Field Example pad:
ImageImage
Also here would be nice to have a minimum of 18 tile pads to show more different field regions like wheat, mais etc.

Wine Example pad:
ImageImage

Kunai Example pad:
ImageImage

Flooded Rice Paddies Example pad:
ImageImage
Also here would be nice to have more than 6 difficult tile pads - maybee 18 - to show some best rice terraces meander on the Elevations along. Maybee 6 variants for Full hexed plained regions, 6 for meander and 6 for outsides.
new unpaved Road system = Country road
new Road system - Highway

Note !!! all this new terain pads are planned for my (H.Balcks) old JTCS meets PG3D WW3 and WW2 modifikation with my old HPS styled company level unit formations on all released HPS styled and some of my own produced 1km = 1Hex maps - changed in the map code works for JTCS.

H.Balck
LoneWulf63

RE: New JTCS terrain and unit style planned

Post by LoneWulf63 »

Absolutely gorgeous looking work. I especially like the terrain you did.
In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.
TAIL GUNNER

Post by TAIL GUNNER »

looks beautiful Dumnorix....I wonder how difficult it would be to encode JTCS to use .png files instead of .bmp?

berto has done amazing things so far...I bet he could figure it out...although .png wasn't even around at the time the first East Front game was made...

by the way, Warhorse shared with me an old version 1.02 of your WWII mod...I still want to make a company-level Normandy scenario with this!

ChadG
"If you want peace, prepare for war."
Dumnorix

Post by Dumnorix »

Thank you Juggalo ! Without png support I can't start my work - with bmp my 3d graphics not worl trally perfectly.
Do you have my old JTCS meets PG3D mod yet ? Fine ! Also my old Normandy map ?
Would be nice to see also an company level mod with my new graphics for the WW2.

H.Balck (Michael)
TAIL GUNNER

Post by TAIL GUNNER »

Hi Balck,
If you can send me your last WW2 version...I think it was 1.05, that would be great.

If it is too much trouble, no problem, I think I can work with this older version.

I wait for the JTCS patch 2.01.

I'm curious what your .png UP file looks like after converted to 24-bit bitmap?

ChadG
"If you want peace, prepare for war."
Josh

Post by Josh »

Hehe amazing work Michael.

Yeah despite the fact the JTCS still is a sexy lady, her age is showing. Sooner or later a massive graphic overhaul would be in place. Still...love to play with her hehe [:D]

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”