Moving the Major General

Scourge of War is the definitive American Civil War grand tactical wargame of this generation. With impressive 3D graphics, an award-winning AI, pausable real-time play, historical battlefield terrain and orders of battle down to the regiment and battery level, Scourge of War captures the tactical challenges that faced the real Union and Confederate commanders more than 130 years ago.

This forum covers the main game Gettysburg and its two expansions Antietam, Pipe Creek, and Chancellorsville!

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWar

mbar

Moving the Major General

Post by mbar »

I'm playing the SoW demo. I have a small sandbox game going. I selected my whole force and they are using roads to move to the primary objective. They are almost there. I checked the order of battle and selected up the chain of command to find the commanding general. He's sitting way back where my forces started from. The only selections he has are Currier commands.

Am I to understand that he is not to move at all in this game?
mbar

RE: Moving the Major General

Post by mbar »

So they are moved by Currier. Got it. Thanks for reading.
Steveonfirst

RE: Moving the Major General

Post by Steveonfirst »

Been awhile since I was in the forums so just know read your post. Interesting in that I was in a sandbox last night where McClellan was commander with one corp Porter commanding with 4 divisions. I ran into the same problem with Porter. After giving commands to each of the 4 divisions, I went to Porter and realized the same issue you are talking. To move him on his own (to scout for example) I had to courier him from McClellan. The commanding general was fine in moving on his own. Not sure what situation creates that, but maybe one of the SMEs on this forum could enlighten us?
Hancock The Superb

"There are times when a corp commander's life does not count.." Major General W.S. Hancock- "Thunderbolt of the Army of the Potomac"

Return to “Scourge of War Gettysburg Series”