Turret bmps needed.

Post new mods and scenarios here.
jonj01

Turret bmps needed.

Post by jonj01 »

I need turret images. I had to improvise in the last counter pack..they work just fine.but they don't look great.

These are the images I need.
Turrets for the following vehicles.
1)German Sdkfz 231..8 wheeled armor car
2)PzII C...german
3)British matilda..(for all three matildas)
4)British CIV..cromwell
5)British A10 (crusier)
6)US M10 wolverine
7)US M18 helcat(or jackson or slugger...crap i dont know...its the M18 vehicle)
All the vehicle images are in Counterpack #1.1...

I suck at photoshop..absolutely suck...I can't even get a picture in my posts here....So any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

maitrebongo

RE: Turret bmps needed.

Post by maitrebongo »

Hello,

Here are first files for turrets :

Pz IIC :

TGA file to download : http://wargameinfrance.free.fr/download/graphics/turrets/127x127turret-PzIIc.tga

SdKfz 231 :

TGA file to download : http://wargameinfrance.free.fr/download/graphics/turrets/127x127turret-SdKfz231.tga

M-10 Volverine :

TGA file to download : http://wargameinfrance.free.fr/download/graphics/turrets/127x127turret-M10.tga

M-18 Hellcat :

TGA file to download : http://wargameinfrance.free.fr/download/graphics/turrets/127x127turret-M18.tga

Yhis is my first attempt, so i don't be sure thats the good size and positionning. Let me know.
"Impossible is not French" Napoleon Bonaparte
fran52

Post by fran52 »

Ok ,you have preceded me not only in time but also in number of turret.I was ready to post the PzIIC turret but i have found your message.So Jonj01 is satisfied.Anyway i'm able to work on turret and on new counters.
In your topic "WW2 counters" i have posted the SU100 pictures.If the work is good for the community i can do others.At the moment mainly for the East Front.
jonj01

Post by jonj01 »

Thanks to both of you
jcrohio

Post by jcrohio »

Ok maybe a stupid question - how do you use them?

I know to place the tga file into the counters folder, add the counter to the sprite folder, and change the turret sprite ID# in the units file. But all I get is a picture of the turret which covers the whole profile of the tank in the actual game.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jack
Jack
jonj01

Post by jonj01 »

ORIGINAL: jcrohio

Ok maybe a stupid question - how do you use them?

I know to place the tga file into the counters folder, add the counter to the sprite folder, and change the turret sprite ID# in the units file. But all I get is a picture of the turret which covers the whole profile of the tank in the actual game.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jack

Well you have to make the turret the right size for the hull so it doesn't cover the whole tank profile.
Two you have to have the turret in the right place..
AS I UNDERSTAND IT.
a) the turret has to be centered in the tga folder so when you rotate the turret...the turret doesn't move off the tank in the game. I believe the computer takes the exact center of the tga folder as the exact center of rotation on the turret. So the long gun turrets have to have their gun reaching out into the top left corner of the tga file.
B) to get the turret on the right place over the tank profile you use the turret x and y offset columns in the units.csv. There is also a turret clipping column in units.csv..but I never mess with that.

C) if the TGA file has the turret with the barrel parallel to the edges of the TGA file(gun straight up) you have to add -45 in the turret rot column...so the game knows where the barrels is. It defaults with the barrel pointing towards the top left of tga file.

I may be wrong about this above...but I think thats how it works...

Some people have provided me with wonderful pictures of tanks profiles without turrets(Laska and I think you did as well jcrochio). For all the other picture of tank profiles...I just use what I got. It doesn't look that bad. The barrel on the tank profile is not nearly as pronounced as the barrel of the turret tga file (in game)

I don't care about looks that much...I played your hell scenario with the pziic having the armor car turret and the Sdkf 231 having no turret. It Played just fine..lots of fun. Keep in mind we are not selling this stuff.
jonj01

Post by jonj01 »

Maitrebongo,

I see what jcrochio was talking about. For some reason the four turret .tgas you made have a white background. I tried a few things like "magic eraser" in photoshop but it has to be saved as a .png file(game software won't recognize it). Laska, is the only one I know who made some turret counters with transparent backgroung in a tga file. I'll pm him and ask him. Then post how to do it here.

Thanks
fran52

Post by fran52 »

Also with the my turret of PzII is the same?I think to have the possibility to do a transparent back ground.Moreover this turret is already at 45 degree and centered on the tank.
jcrohio

Post by jcrohio »

That is the problem - tga does not support transparent backgrounds
Jack
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

Add an alpha layer with transparency, tgas can have those. The way in which you do this is going to vary by paint program (and I am awful at it with Paintshop Pro, I keep losing the dang things, and next time I try this on my own I am giving GIMP a whirl), but 'alpha layer transparency' are the magic words to search for/look up/ask someone who knows what they're doing.
fran52

Post by fran52 »

Already solved,thank you Tom.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”