It did it Again

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Maglio

It did it Again

Post by Maglio »

Off topic but I just wanted to let it go.

It's been 4 years and a Month and we got another big earthquake with a tsunami, although minor in comparison with the one on 27F 2010.[:(]

For me the only difference was that I was at sea and got all the FUN part of having hundred of big, medium and small ships putting to sea due to the Tsunami Warning, and avoiding collisions in the panic was kind of stressing.

The most impressive part was the Training ships of several Latin-American Navies making a scale in Talcahuano, and they were full of young and scared trainees, at least we Chileans are king of used to this stuff, but the crew of these training Sailing ships behaved cool headed, professionally and when in doubt didn't hesitated to ask for recommendations. I salute them.[&o]

Also I just wanted to express my sympathies to all those who lost everything up in the Tarapacá Region

Thanks for the comprehension; I just wanted to raise awareness of what is going on here in Chile.
Now lets continue ti have fun with our passion for this game.[:'(]
“Tres barquichuelos dieron a los Reyes de España la posesión del Nuevo Mundo, estas cuatro tablas van a quitárselo”.

Bernardo O' Higgins, October 10th, 1818, while watching the Chilean first fleet getting underway.
wdolson

OT RE: It did it Again

Post by wdolson »

The subduction zone off Chile has been very active the last few decades. The largest earthquake ever recorded was in almost the same spot in 1960.

I live near a subduction zone that is mysteriously quieter than it should be. The Juan de Fuca plate off the coast of Oregon and Washington generates some big quakes, but the last one was January 26, 1700. We know the date because of Japanese records of the tsunami that hit them almost a day later.

I've been through two moderately large quakes (6+). Fortunately we didn't suffer any losses from either one. Though I was only 5 for the first one and I remember being terrified because my closet doors made such a racket.

You can see the results of your subduction zone, look inland. The towering heights of the Andes is a testament to the forces involved.

I picked up a lot of Geology in high school and college when visiting my older sister who is a petroleum Geologist. Dinner table conversation was usually something scientific, often Geology.

I did come across this video of the Pacific reacting to the earthquake:
http://www.wired.com/2014/04/chile-tsunami-animation/

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Lecivius

RE: OT RE: It did it Again

Post by Lecivius »

Good, and scary, stuff there.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”