How to reinstall on new PC: help requested

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

$trummer

How to reinstall on new PC: help requested

Post by $trummer »

Hi guys. I got CMANO in the early Beta and have been steadily playing and updating it since, but I took a break a couple of months ago and meanwhile I have acquired a new PC. I still have access to my old C: drive so my first thought was just to drag everything across but that's probably a sloppy way to do it and my CMANO install needs updating anyway. I have kept my original download link and key but the d/l link is now out of date. Can anyone please advise re the best way to accomplish a clean, updated new install of the game plus the latest scenario and database files without paying for it again? Also, I'd appreciate knowing if there is likely to be any problem with installing it on a non boot drive, as my C: drive is a smallish SSD and I am installing all games on a much larger HDD. Thank you!
guanotwozero

RE: How to reinstall on new PC: help requested

Post by guanotwozero »

I'd suggest contacting Matrix/Slitherine to get a new download link; they're usually pretty good about that. Also grab the recent 1.03 update, and (if you have space somewhere) keep a copy of the installer when you've downloaded it.

Plus, as usual, this forum provides the latest builds.

There's no problem installing it on a non-boot drive - mine's on a large HDD and runs fine.
dandin384

Post by dandin384 »

You can contact Matrix Games and they will give you another download link, they are excellent at getting them to you quickly.

http://www.matrixgames.com/support/faq.asp?id=8
$trummer

Post by $trummer »

Thanks, guys, doing it now.
VilleYrjola

Post by VilleYrjola »

I hope that someday in the far reaches of the future we will have a system where pruchased games can be downloaded again without contacting the support guys. A system similar to GamersGate wouldn't hurt.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”