Played a couple more scenarios..

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

wodin

Played a couple more scenarios..

Post by wodin »

Well I have to say I warmed to the game more this time. It's unfortunate that CoH and LnL both have game mechanics I really like and also ones I hate..if I could take the best out of LnL and the best from CoH I'd have a near perfect tactical wargame.

I despise the spotting mechanic in LnL which is what made me boot up CoH again and I found it enjoyable. Enough for me to want to buy the expansion SoS when it next goes on sale.
jack54

RE: Played a couple more scenarios..

Post by jack54 »

+1
I'd love to see the leaders from LnL brought over BUT I think I like the pace of this game more.

If you bought COH SoS is $10 (US) off for 1 yr (so I have to decide soon.).

Is it stable for you?

Editor and 2 scenarios crash on me.
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
dox44

RE: Played a couple more scenarios..

Post by dox44 »

i can't make up my mind which i like better LnL or CoH. go back and forth a lot. i bought SOS and its a nice addition.

i don't like spotting in LnL either.

COH seems dead though compared to other forums...mostly playing Command now.

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”