withdrawal....there's something I don't understand

Piercing Fortress Europa is a new game from veteran game designer Frank Hunter, which covers the campaigns of the Western Allies from July, 1943 through the end of April, 1945 in Sicily and Italy. Each area has its own map and time scale to best represent the campaigns for Sicily and Italy and the player is offered complete freedom, limited only by a historical order of battle and logistics model, to plan his operations and explore all of the many “what ifs” that the Italian theater has to offer.
jack54

withdrawal....there's something I don't understand

Post by jack54 »

Hi again,

In the image below I would like to move the US 3rd (Red circle) NW to meet up and assist the British 8th.

If I select attack I can only go North (Blue circle).
If I select Withdrawal the hexes highlight as in the image but I cannot move either NW or NE.
I get no option to reinforce adjacent.

Am I missing something.... is there anyway (in the situation below) to move NW or NE? Sorry if this is an issue already discussed.

Attachments
PFEwithdrawal1.jpg
PFEwithdrawal1.jpg (175.56 KiB) Viewed 69 times
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
FrankHunter

RE: withdrawal....there's something I don't understand

Post by FrankHunter »

Two things, first, the two hexes marked X shouldn't be highlighted. This is the issue I mentioned before about withdrawals that has been fixed for 1.01

Second, no, you can't move from ZoC to ZoC. So your only choices are to attack the enemy unit directly north or withdraw into one of the three highlighted hexes not marked with an X.
jack54

Post by jack54 »

Thanks Frank.... I thought I read something about a friendly unit negating Enemy ZOC.I also thought I'd be able to support the 'adjacent hex' but that option is not available.

As long as it's WAD[:)]

FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

That's a change in 1.01.

I should add, if you weren't in an enemy ZoC you'd be able to reinforce that friendly adjacent unit.
jack54

Post by jack54 »

[:D] Thanks

Return to “Piercing Fortress Europa”