DD Loading Troops

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

RJMI

DD Loading Troops

Post by RJMI »

I cannot load troops on DD when in Fast Transport TF. The rule books says you can. It says they use cargo space.

When I put the DD in the Fast Transport TF, the load function for troops and other cargo is unavailable.

I tried the same with BB and also could not load anything on it.

Thank you for your help
The only war that matters if you win is for the salvation of your immortal soul. Visit my website at www.JohnTheBaptist.us to learn of the only hope for salvation.
Lokasenna

RE: DD Loading Troops

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: RJMI

I cannot load troops on DD when in Fast Transport TF. The rule books says you can. It says they use cargo space.

When I put the DD in the Fast Transport TF, the load function for troops and other cargo is unavailable.

Thank you for your help

You must be playing as the Allies? In order to load troops (or supplies), the ships must first have a capacity. Allied DDs simply don't have troop or cargo capacity. IJN ships all do, to reflect how they were used historically (think Tokyo Express).

However, not even IJN BBs have troop/cargo capacity. Only CAs, CLs, DDs, and down the line.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

Thank you for your help
Richard,

Only USN APD can load troops; in case you are playing the IJN, then DD & APD.

Klink, Oberst

Here's a forum squeeze document some chap put together: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/562 ... queeze.pdf
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

Thank you for your help

As the others pointed out only US DDs don't have a troop capacity.

What they didn't clarify is that the ability to carry troops in cargo space at a negative conversion rate does not apply to ships in fast transport TFs.

It is an exception to the cargo/troop space conversion rule.
Hans

RJMI

Post by RJMI »

Thank you for the help
The only war that matters if you win is for the salvation of your immortal soul. Visit my website at www.JohnTheBaptist.us to learn of the only hope for salvation.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”