Running game under parallels

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

RogerJNeilson

Running game under parallels

Post by RogerJNeilson »

Ok I am now trying to run this under parallels on my 29" Mac. Trouble is using the command line switch:

-w -px1680 -py1050 -deepColor -cpu2 -skipVideo -multiaudio -archive

I am getting a pretty small window.

I do not like using it in full screen - but would like to make the window a little bigger.... any ideas?

Roger

Attachments
Screenshot..16.15.09.jpg
Screenshot..16.15.09.jpg (204.47 KiB) Viewed 99 times
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
witpqs

RE: Running game under parallels

Post by witpqs »

First thought - delete the "-" characters and retype them.

Second try - is it just the intro that is too small?
RogerJNeilson

Post by RogerJNeilson »

The window is that size for the whole game...

How would deleting and retyping change anything? I have actually tried another two values for the x and y and that didn't seem to have any effect....

Roger
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: Roger Neilson 3

The window is that size for the whole game...

How would deleting and retyping change anything? I have actually tried another two values for the x and y and that didn't seem to have any effect....

Roger
Roger,

did you try some video setting of the Windows Emulator you apparently using on your iMac? Must
have something to do with that piece of software; changing/adjusting the x/y values normally should
enlarge the game window, no?

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
LoBaron

Post by LoBaron »

Roger, you are using -SkipVideo, but your screenshot shows the intro video. To me this is an indication that the whole command line is not working.

Are you absolutely sure you typed the command line into the properties of the correct .exe shortcut? Mixing up the executables is the most common root cause for that.
EHansen

Post by EHansen »

The picture shows he is using version 1079. That is the initial release version and
I don't think it supports widescreen.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

How would deleting and retyping change anything?

In the PDF manual, the "-" characters are not hyphens, but rather en-dashes (a typographical character). Cutting and pasting those does not work. Hence the advice to delete and retype, which only helps if the original source had been a cut and paste from the PDF manual.
RogerJNeilson

Post by RogerJNeilson »

Aha, right, late now will give that a go in the morning.

And yes its a very old version of the programme, installed as the 'install' so I can then just copy across the actual fully patched games.

Ok got some work to do tomorrow then.

Thanks all.

Roger
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

If you don't have any of the updates installed, most of the command line switches will be ignored. The windowed mode was always there, but the -py and -px switches were added around patch 3. Without scaling, the window will show up as 1024 X 768 floating on whatever the system is set to. So if the system is set to 1900 X 1200, the window will be pretty small.

Make sure you have at least the most recent official patch installed. Of course the beta adds a lot of other bug fixes and a few features.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
RogerJNeilson

Post by RogerJNeilson »

Ok all, having done a standard install (which is what I checked yesterday and it didn't work - for reasons explained. I was then able to copy across all my other games and setting up the command line that has worked fine.

Running brilliantly now.

As always help much appreciated.

Roger

Return to “Tech Support”