MAP HELP (Connecting Maps)

Post new mods and scenarios here.
Bel8910

MAP HELP (Connecting Maps)

Post by Bel8910 »

Need some assistance:

Ok, so using some guidance here (Matrix Forums for Close Combat, CCPITF) on making maps and using 5CC, I was able to take a CCMT map, and scale it to fit PITF. I have two issues, though:

I am not able to see my OVM and MMM. That's not an issue really, just something I haven't figured out. Here is the BIG issue:

I put my new map into game...it works, it is playable except I can not connect to it. I used BTD to modify my victory locations and which maps it would connect to, but it still didn't work. I can play it singularly, but I can't access my new map from another map ("Ensure all maps are connected by the same road network")

for PITF map connections what am I missing?

Thanks for the help!
SteveMcClaire

RE: MAP HELP (Connecting Maps)

Post by SteveMcClaire »

It sounds like you're adding a completely new map to the strategic map?

The BTD exits control where a unit can move when it exits the map. So you probably need to modify the BTDs of another map so there is a connection from at least one other map to your new one. Otherwise there won't be any way for a unit to move /to/ your new map.

Steve
Bel8910

Post by Bel8910 »

Steve,
That's what I did wrong- my southern map didn't have my new map coded. thanks on that one. Now, how about this one? First time I converted the map using 5CC I got the buildings with no interiors- I was good with that. But, I re-did it, and not sure what I did differently, but I got these white blocks around the buildings and I have the interiors. Sorry to be a "novice" on this, I am just learning how to do maps!

Attachments
UO0008.jpg
UO0008.jpg (124.48 KiB) Viewed 673 times
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

It looks like something is wrong with your roof images -- the background portion isn't transparent for some reason. As I recall these are generated by 5CC based on where you outline your roofs on your exterior / roofed version of the map. I would double check what game version you're saving for when you save your map, and make sure it's Panthers in the Fog.

Steve
Cathartes

Post by Cathartes »

Looks like the alpha layers in the roof files are not quite right. Did you redraw your roofs in 5CC from 32bit graphics?
Bel8910

Post by Bel8910 »

No, no redrawing. I just converted the map.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

You may not have saved the map in the latest (Panthers in the Fog) format?

When you created your map, what did you load as the interior layer? It looks like you may not have had one? When the roofs are removed do you see the ground properly or do you see a big gray area around your building interiors?

Steve
Bel8910

Post by Bel8910 »

Steve,
I have not worked with 5CC much to answer your question about the roofs. I know when I play, my teams are "inside" the building, that I can see. I did not manipulate or add anything except to convert the map using 5CC to PITF; and yes, I used the current PITF elements. So, I know I did not do any interior mapping just manipulated the bgm.
Cathartes

Post by Cathartes »

ORIGINAL: Bel8910

Steve,
I have not worked with 5CC much to answer your question about the roofs. I know when I play, my teams are "inside" the building, that I can see. I did not manipulate or add anything except to convert the map using 5CC to PITF; and yes, I used the current PITF elements. So, I know I did not do any interior mapping just manipulated the bgm.

Hi Bel8910,
You need to convert your exterior and interior BGMs to 32 bit with an alpha layer and then update all your roof graphics with the latest interior and exterior BGM. Message me if you need help.
Bel8910

Post by Bel8910 »

Cathartes,
Please help! this is what I have for tools: paint.net, 5CC, windows paint, RTB tool by Mafi.
Thanks!
Bel8910

Post by Bel8910 »

Steve, Cathartes,

I must be getting closer! I was able to add additional graphics (the planes). This is what I did:

Made a bmp of the interior and bgm. In 5CC, I set the scale of the map to 8 pixels, expanded the bgm 160%. In paint.net, I expanded the bgm and interior to 160%. Changed bgm and interior to 16 bit TGA using RTB tool. Made sure I had PITF elements added.

In 5CC, I added the interior background 16 TGA; and then, imported background picture as 16 TGA.
I did my LOS and saved all as my map.

This is what I got this time: got the interiors, but still have the white blocks (I think this is what you were talking about Steve).

So, where did I go wrong and what should I do to fix it?

Thanks again guys, and again, forgive my ignorance..still learning!

Bel8910
Attachments
UO0010.jpg
UO0010.jpg (96.32 KiB) Viewed 679 times
Bel8910

Post by Bel8910 »

here is the map

Attachments
UO0010.jpg
UO0010.jpg (96.32 KiB) Viewed 677 times
Bel8910

Post by Bel8910 »

Figured out what I was doing wrong. I didn't adjust the interiors for "rectangle" or "polygon" shapes. Once I set to "polygon" I had no issues. thanks again!

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”