Rule clarification on hidden units

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
midgard30

Rule clarification on hidden units

Post by midgard30 »

When I play A partisan Defense on the German side, none of the Soviet units are revealed. They seems to be all Hide in place (not shown on the board even those that are in LOS). But when I play on the Soviet side, the German mortar unit fires at partisans on hex K4, which haven't done any action, as if it could see them.

Is the "hide in place" status different for soviet units based to the side I play?

Also, when playing the Soviet side and selecting hex D4, E4 or F3, it is written Fixed Position over units. They cannot move until they encounter an enemy unit. Does that mean they are hidden?

It would be helpful to know how our units are seen by the AI.
Thanks
Tom Proudfoot

RE: Rule clarification on hidden units

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

Hidden & fixed are separate statuses (set as Hide in Place and/or Fixed Position in the editor).

I'll take a look at how the AI is able to 'see' the hide-in-place units. I tend to not use it in the scenarios I made, actually, so I'm sure I missed a spot or two in there. I think the only way it comes up like that right now is if you play the 'wrong' side, but it would be nice to have it always working the way you think for your own scenarios and stuff.
midgard30

RE: Rule clarification on hidden units

Post by midgard30 »

Thanks Tom, this is very helpful.

On a side note, frankly, I don't find the hide in place status that much interesting without some kind of randomness, as I always play a scenario more than once in a row (yes because I loose[;)]).
Also I'm not sure I was clear about that on previous post, but it would be a "nice to have" if we can know the current visibility status of our units (like the fixed position).

Thanks for your time.

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”